Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have tried to search this thread and online for it but no luck.

Who knows where I can find a carbon fiber spoiler that covers or screws directly into the oem spoiler holes. Every option I have seen the description says they will NOT cover the oem factory spoiler holes.

Any ideas/links?

·
Registered
2021 Q50 RedSport, ARK Cat-Back. HKS BOV, AMS LDP, Mishimoto Catch Can
711 Posts
OEM is the only one to my knowledge that requires drilling. I work at Infiniti and have gotten the one off amazon 10+ times now, had friends with Q50s get the same one, and you cannot tell that it's not oem. I use double sided tape for mine and everyone elses that I have put on by now, they will cover the holes, only issue I see is water seeping through and going through the holes, find a way to fill them in, doesn't need to be pretty, they sell carbon fiber ones or gloss black, they're great quality and significantly cheaper

·
Registered
2021 Q50 RedSport, ARK Cat-Back. HKS BOV, AMS LDP, Mishimoto Catch Can
711 Posts
Reactions: Trent_Wzrd

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello,

I have tried to search this thread and online for it but no luck.

Who knows where I can find a carbon fiber spoiler that covers or screws directly into the oem spoiler holes. Every option I have seen the description says they will NOT cover the oem factory spoiler holes.

Any ideas/links?
Got a picture of kinda what you want. I just got my q and it has a sick ass carbon fiber spoiler. Real carbon fiber all the way around but I'm gonna be removing it for a high kick type spoiler like comes with some of the body kits I think like the liberty walk kit and gonna blend it into the trunk as 1 piece. Looks brand new and it would certainly cover any holes in my mind. Jlmk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got a picture of kinda what you want. I just got my q and it has a sick ass carbon fiber spoiler. Real carbon fiber all the way around but I'm gonna be removing it for a high kick type spoiler like comes with some of the body kits I think like the liberty walk kit and gonna blend it into the trunk as 1 piece. Looks brand new and it would certainly cover any holes in my mind. Jlmk
I would definitely be interested. Post a picture in the comments!

·
Registered
25 Posts
OEM is the only one to my knowledge that requires drilling. I work at Infiniti and have gotten the one off amazon 10+ times now, had friends with Q50s get the same one, and you cannot tell that it's not oem. I use double sided tape for mine and everyone elses that I have put on by now, they will cover the holes, only issue I see is water seeping through and going through the holes, find a way to fill them in, doesn't need to be pretty, they sell carbon fiber ones or gloss black, they're great quality and significantly cheaper
Honestly if your just worried about the holes just take sandpaper sand around the holes in the general area and prep it, lay some sort of body filler in and smooth it out evenly let it dry then sand it again till its smooth to the touch and you can either paint it or atleast mount the spoiler with no holes and im no body work guy buy I blended my last spoiler in 1st try looked factory and is cheap and easy. Im certain You could do it and I don't even know you. Might take 2 days with letting it dry and harden depending on which route you take. That or just blend in the spoiler as well. The eliminates the holes as well as the lines and make a cleaner look. Personally I think it looks so sick that way. Just sayn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts