Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I believe so! Hit up platinumv37 just to be sure! He had a set for the G37 but I think all the akebonos are the same!

Reactions: Platinumv37

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Are they the same as the G37S Akebono Calipers? Thinking about picking up front and rear set off a g37S and was wondering if they will fit onto the Q50
Yes the G37s Akebono BBK will bolt right on to the Q50. Unfortunatly they will not fit the oem 17" non-sport wheels.

Reactions: gbert15

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe so! Hit up platinumv37 just to be sure! He had a set for the G37 but I think all the akebonos are the same!

Yes the G37s Akebono BBK will bolt right on to the Q50. Unfortunatly they will not fit the oem 17" non-sport wheels.
awesome. going to pick up a set off g37 forums. getting all the pieces ready for show season. coils are on the way and looking at some DPE wheels. 20x9 20x10.5 wooot!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts

awesome. going to pick up a set off g37 forums. getting all the pieces ready for show season. coils are on the way and looking at some DPE wheels. 20x9 20x10.5 wooot!
Now there's our baller! :D

Which ones were u planning?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Ahhh gotcha! Let us know your progress then bro! Looking forward to what u get! Have u tried searching zilvia.net for wheels?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahhh gotcha! Let us know your progress then bro! Looking forward to what u get! Have u tried searching zilvia.net for wheels?
yea been checking zilvia, vrwheels, craigslist, g37 driver. think i found a set of vossens with tires for cheap. checking them out saturday.

debating on wether to jump on the bc coils or wait for some springs to be released and use that money for the brakes

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
yea been checking zilvia, vrwheels, craigslist, g37 driver. think i found a set of vossens with tires for cheap. checking them out saturday.

debating on wether to jump on the bc coils or wait for some springs to be released and use that money for the brakes
I would go.for coils instead if you are buying used wheels so u have room for adjustment to whatever size u go for!

·
Registered
14 Posts

Hey brotha... I have a 2015 Q50 non-sport. Will 2015 sport (Akebono) calipers bolt right in to my car (both front and rear)? If I do this, I will probably buy aftermarket rotors anyway, but just curious, are the rotors of the sport vs non-sport a different size, for example 14" vs 15"? Or are they the same? Thank you!

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Others will chime in:

I don't think there is any difference in our rotors. But the brakes are much larger. As they discussed above.... If you have the standard 17" wheels, those will not clear the brakes.... meaning, the brakes will impede the wheels from turning.

If you have the 19"Sport wheels as an upgrade, that should be fine. If you are buying used wheels, be careful as to whether or not they will fit with Sport Brakes. I have the Sport. I bought used wheels from a G37Sport.....I had to run 10mm spacers all around to clear the brakes. It worked out well, but did cause some frustration when not expecting this hiccup.

Dave

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Hey brotha... I have a 2015 Q50 non-sport. Will 2015 sport (Akebono) calipers bolt right in to my car (both front and rear)? If I do this, I will probably buy aftermarket rotors anyway, but just curious, are the rotors of the sport vs non-sport a different size, for example 14" vs 15"? Or are they the same? Thank you!
Hey Tommy... The Akebono calipers are the same but the rotors are different and I'm not sure about the brake lines. The rotors on the non-sport have a smaller diameter compared to the sport rotors.

Reactions: DKatman

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey Tommy... The Akebono calipers are the same but the rotors are different and I'm not sure about the brake lines. The rotors on the non-sport have a smaller diameter compared to the sport rotors.
Do you have any idea if anything besides new rotors are needed? Also, any idea where I can find the appropriate rotors to fit with akebono calipers? I just purchased some and need to figure out what else I need to make them fit. I have 19" sport wheels from a G37 so I know the calipers will clear, just not sure what I need to bolt them on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.