Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Alignment - Dealer or Other

7K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Philip98623 
#1 ·
Hey,

I needan alignment done. Because of the DAS, should I go to my dealer or can I get it done anywhere with a good machine?
Is there anything different?

Thanks

#2 ·
I'm interested in the answer to this question as well.

#4 ·
There is a $50 cost difference between my dealer and a tire shop. I may stick with the dealer and ask for a DAS reset as well.

#5 ·
Took my 2018 q50t to the dealership for the 15,000 miles scheduled maintenance/service.
They discovered leak at rear differential and sign of uneven tire wear and recommend 4 wheels alignments. They wanted $ 396 after shop fees, taxes and etc...
I told them I'll take it to Firestone and get it done cheaper plus lifetime warranty.
Told by service Advisor that only the dealership can do the alignments because the electronics stuff that connected to the wheels.
Just wanted to know anyone had the same response from the dealership ?
Is it true or they're just trying to get you to spend them $$$
Appreciate any help or suggestions.

#8 ·
Took my 2018 q50t to the dealership for the 15,000 miles scheduled maintenance/service.
They discovered leak at rear differential and sign of uneven tire wear and recommend 4 wheels alignments. They wanted $ 396 after shop fees, taxes and etc...
I told them I'll take it to Firestone and get it done cheaper plus lifetime warranty.
Told by service Advisor that only the dealership can do the alignments because the electronics stuff that connected to the wheels.
Just wanted to know anyone had the same response from the dealership ?
Is it true or they're just trying to get you to spend them $$$
Appreciate any help or suggestions.
I would ask to watch the tech to make sure I got my money's worth. $396 (alignment only???) should be buying at least 2 to 2.5 hours of shop labor. I seriously doubt it takes that long.

#7 ·
Someone suggested calling Firestone and ask if they got the specs for q50 alignments.
I did and they say the need the car to get the alignment.
???
How are they gonna get the alignment from the car when it's already out of alignment ???
???
Also found this in another forum.
Supposedly it's the alignment specs. For q50

Thanks for the info.

#9 ·
DAS? Must be done at dealer. It is very involved. Having said that the price still seems a little high. Non DAS? Any competent shop.

#11 ·
Umm why would you need an alignment every month? Also I don't you can consider Houston to have bad roads. I've driven there many times and they're roads are very good compared to the Northeast or upper Midwest.

Reactions: rpiotro
#13 ·
My 2014 Q50 Hybrid AWD has DAS. I have taken it to Firestone for 4 years now (every 6K) for alignments (Lifetime Alignment at Firestone). No problems, the techs know how to do it, now that they are rolling out the DAS software - some stores that do not have the software update may refuse to do it (has not happened to me since I have gone to the one store for years and they knew how to align it before the software updates were being rolled out).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.