Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, have had quite a few people message me about my setup for the Q50.

Alpine 12" Type R's Link Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

I suggest buying these off Amazon.

These two subs are being ran by a 1500 Watt Rockford Fosgate Amp. I chose this brand because they are local to Phoenix, and I got a smoking deal on them.

POWER Amplifiers - T1500-1bdCP - Rockford Fosgate®

The enclosure is a custom built box. You will not be able to open the rear opening in the seats as the amp is mounted on the back, and there are a ton of wires being ran back there. Anyways if you have questions let me know, here are the pics.

Subwoofer Audio equipment Vehicle audio Vehicle Auto part

Blue Sky Vehicle door Cloud Automotive exterior
lots of cuts in the trunk

Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle Rim
and more cuts

Vehicle Car Auto part
bass level controller

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice set up - is it sealed or ported? Any issues on the stock electric running 1500W RMS?

Its a sealed enclosure. No problems whatsoever with any of the electric system thus far, and have had them running for about two months now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You did the subwoofers only? I assume you also have it receiving signal from the speaker back there....?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I did subs only, I will be installing an amp to run all the stock door speakers until they blow and then will replace the speakers themselves. Sound quality is top notch, obviously with two 12s you don't need to turn the bass knob up all the way.

I actually did have a major rattle problem, I found the source to be the rear window brake light was coming in contact with the window itself. So I put a thin layer of foam surrounding it. Now there is no rattle whatsoever

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes I did subs only, I will be installing an amp to run all the stock door speakers until they blow and then will replace the speakers themselves. Sound quality is top notch, obviously with two 12s you don't need to turn the bass knob up all the way.

I actually did have a major rattle problem, I found the source to be the rear window brake light was coming in contact with the window itself. So I put a thin layer of foam surrounding it. Now there is no rattle whatsoever
Are you getting the signal for the subs from the rear speaker?
Also, how are you going to power the stock speakers with your own amp? arent they already controlled by their own BOSE amps? not sure if you will be able to run speaker wires to them since its probably a different type of connector....

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To be honest I'm not sure how my guy installed it so I couldn't give you an answer on where the subs are receiving signal from, I will ask him when he installs my amp for the door speakers and let you know. As for the speakers, I don't have the Bose system or this upgrade probably wouldn't have been money well spent. The speakers are being ran off the headunit.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,876 Posts
Hey Jason how did you do that box it looks good I was trying todo the Same thing
He hasn't posted here in over 6 years. You'll probably won't get a response from him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.