Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'15 Q50s RWD w/ about 57K miles. I have searched the internet and cannot seem to find alternatives to the OEM struts/shocks.
I can find end links, sway bars, bushings and other accessories but not any damn struts/shocks...what gives? Bilstein, KYB, where are they?

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,889 Posts

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,309 Posts
I was never able to find any, I wish KYB or RCE made some. As far as I can tell OEM are your only option.

Reactions: jodedor

·
Super Moderator
3,227 Posts

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,309 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
17awdq50p is correct; I forgot to say coils are not in my plans as the stock setup is good enough for me. I think getting new dampers on would restore the handling more than enough for me as this car is simply a daily; but I still like my cars to handle simple things like traffic circles like I want them to.

carid does sell the OEM ones but they've been out of stock for quite a while now. And not sure how many of you have looked at Infiniti's e-store, but it's a little hectic searching for stuff there...not the most user-friendly interface.

Bilstein I might understand, but can't believe KYB didn't find this car worth their time.

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,889 Posts
The OEM Monroe shocks are EXCELLENT, and used in many high end automobiles.

Watch this:

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
1,114 Posts
Had the same situation at 50k miles. Didn't want to go back to OEM parts. Got me the KW V3 coilovers and am completely satisfied...

Reactions: JohnInNH

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The OEM Monroe shocks are EXCELLENT, and used in many high end automobiles.
I don't doubt it but the problem is they're hard to find. For example; on 'infinitipartsonline' and 'genuineinfinitiparts', I can find the front struts but not the rear shocks (only the non-sport ones available). Even on Monroe's site; after you select 2015 and Infiniti, there is no Q50 option.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Had these installed a week ago and about 150 miles on them so far. Most importantly; installer said they were direct fit replacements, no fitment and/or install issues at all. These cost me a smidge over $500, almost half of the Monroes.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
5,578 Posts
Had these installed a week ago and about 150 miles on them so far. Most importantly; installer said they were direct fit replacements, no fitment and/or install issues at all. These cost me a smidge over $500, almost half of the Monroes.
What was the cost for the install?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just over 1200 but was an Infiniti stealership, so might be less if a local/smaller shop??? I waffled back/forth on whether to do it myself; in the end, not wanting to spend time crawling around won out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just want to give an update for those needing new dampers but not wanting the coils route. Had (4) EnduraPro's installed about 500 miles ago; these are the monotubes and not the twin tube EnduraPro Plus. Other than these, all other suspension components are still factory original. I bought the car used so cannot do direct comparo but these have brought a level of firmness and crispness that was missing for the first 10 months I had this car. Curves and rapid transitions are more controlled now and there is minimal unwanted body motions there and under hard braking. I drive pretty much the same roads daily and the car has felt much better since the install. Just a very simple example; when I bump down out of my garage, the front wheels usually bump down independently and used to wobble an extra time or 2 before the car would settle down. That is now gone; just one wheel down, other wheel down and settled.
Just as important, the install went smoothly and was literally direct replacements. Tech didn't have to alter anything to fit them.

I got all (4) corners for about $500 from Vivid Racing, about half of what you'd pay for the OE's. And if you're willing to do the install, that makes this all the more sweeter of a deal.
If I still have the car by then, will try to post milestone updates at like 5K, 10K, etc miles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts