Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I’m wanting to swap the wood trim for the aluminum trim. Does anyone know the best place to find these pieces without paying an arm and a leg?
Thank you!

·
Registered
157 Posts
You're looking to go from wood to aluminum? Not often you hear that. I was in your boat when converting to the wood, found some decent prices on ebay. I still got my aluminum trim pieces if you're interested. The dash (2), center console, and door panels (4).

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're looking to go from wood to aluminum? Not often you hear that. I was in your boat when converting to the wood, found some decent prices on ebay. I still got my aluminum trim pieces if you're interested. The dash (2), center console, and door panels (4).

Please DM price. I’m certainly interested if the price is right. I’m just not a fake looking wood grain guy. Thank you!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Ebay. Used. Junkyard

This site is awesome and searches all junkyards Canada/USA wide for stock

www.car-part.com

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,105 Posts
I have the $400 maple wood package and wish I had the aluminum trim. Not sure I am motivated enough to do a swap though. I do believe Infiniti uses real wood, not fake.

Reactions: stunt_101

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
126 Posts
The RS has an $400 maple wood package option?

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,105 Posts
My window sticker shows it as part of the $1850 Design Package but also as a stand alone $400 package!

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,105 Posts
Still confused. Looks like in 2017, in addition to Aluminum, there was Maplewood and Natural Maplewood interior trim options. I guess Natural Maplewood came with the Design Package and Maplewood was a $400 upgrade? But what I have in my 50 looks a lot more like the Natural Maplewood in the brochure image below. And mine is matte, not glossy. My wood is very dark.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,333 Posts
For 2018, the maple wood trim is standard on the Luxe while the Sport and Red Sport have the aluminum Kacchu trim as standard. No wood trim option that I can see in the press kit.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
157 Posts
Still confused. Looks like in 2017, in addition to Aluminum, there was Maplewood and Natural Maplewood interior trim options. I guess Natural Maplewood came with the Design Package and Maplewood was a $400 upgrade? But what I have in my 50 looks a lot more like the Natural Maplewood in the brochure image below. And mine is matte, not glossy. My wood is very dark.

View attachment 96048
The wood I swapped in is real dark, I like it that way. Def resembles the Natural Maplewood. Although the center trim pieces appear darker than the door panel trim pieces IMO.

·
Registered
2020 Infiniti Q50S
44 Posts
I would've done this trade in a heartbeat as I hate the aluminum finish on mine, but alas I spent wayy to many hours disassembling all my door trim and center console to wrap it in a black aluminum overlay that I did like. But hey, there may be others like me who dislike their aluminum trim and would be willing to do a straight swap, might want to post this in the FS forums?

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,105 Posts
I would've done this trade in a heartbeat as I hate the aluminum finish on mine, but alas I spent wayy to many hours disassembling all my door trim and center console to wrap it in a black aluminum overlay that I did like. But hey, there may be others like me who dislike their aluminum trim and would be willing to do a straight swap, might want to post this in the FS forums?
Pics of the black aluminum?

Reactions: YoungRizz

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,105 Posts
Very nice. Who makes that, 3M?

Reactions: DougK

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
I love the brushed aluminum look, although its a bit too dark in the cabin for my blood but with a different color leather I think it would look sick.
Nice job sir.

·
Registered
2020 Infiniti Q50S
44 Posts
I love the brushed aluminum look, although its a bit too dark in the cabin for my blood but with a different color leather I think it would look sick.
Nice job sir.
I felt the same coming from a car that had a two-tone white/black interior, but I just couldn't stand the dotted pattern on the aluminum trim on this car and the regular silver brushed aluminum looked too similar to the stock trim, so I went for the black aluminum.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts