Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Casually driving on the highway when a damn trash bag pops from underneath a car full of God knows what and cracks the bottom of my bumper. Instead of replacing the whole entire bumper is there any alternatives that you guys would know about ? Anything to cover the bottom lip of it ? Got quoted at a shop and they could repair it but for $900 but I’m not dropping almost grand for this. It’s barely noticeable to stranger but to me irks the hell out of me everytime I see it. Might bite the bullet and just leave it but wanted to see any diy alternatives . Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Ouchies…. Well, you could pick up a non-OEM bumper from rockauto.com for $300 and get it painted to body match, which I can’t imagine would be more than $400. If you install it yourself, you come out ahead. Or you can try to repair it yourself, but you’ll need to YouTube how to repair a cracked bumper. It’s not hard, but again, it’ll have to be painted.

Reactions: Jibricb

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,680 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ouch, bummer. This is the only style front lip that goes up and over the OEM lip. But I don't know of one in a Sport version.

I would like to do this option . I’ll keep searching for a sport one like this . This would give my ride a little flare and cover up the crack as well

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ouchies…. Well, you could pick up a non-OEM bumper from rockauto.com for $300 and get it painted to body match, which I can’t imagine would be more than $400. If you install it yourself, you come out ahead. Or you can try to repair it yourself, but you’ll need to YouTube how to repair a cracked bumper. It’s not hard, but again, it’ll have to be painted.
Yeah if I can’t find a diy Youtube vid eventually I’ll get around to just picking one up of this website . Thanks for all the input Guys . Really appreciate it

·
Registered
2021 Q50 RedSport, ARK Cat-Back. HKS BOV, AMS LDP, Mishimoto Catch Can
712 Posts
A good Paint vendor can fix that no issue, you do not need a new bumper, check with your local Infiniti Dealership or any dealership for that matter to get in contact with one of their paint vendors, ours fixes issues like this all the time and makes it look brand new. On the plus side, your car is black so it wont take a lot of blending, you are up in Maryland and I am in VA, you can reach out to me directly and I can get you in touch with someone that can fix it for you

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A good Paint vendor can fix that no issue, you do not need a new bumper, check with your local Infiniti Dealership or any dealership for that matter to get in contact with one of their paint vendors, ours fixes issues like this all the time and makes it look brand new. On the plus side, your car is black so it wont take a lot of blending, you are up in Maryland and I am in VA, you can reach out to me directly and I can get you in touch with someone that can fix it for you
Definitely looking to get this fix sooner than later. Your a blessing bro. Yes I’ll go this route. Can you pm so we can discuss. Hope the stealership doesn’t hit my head with a ridiculous pride to get that fixed . You have any idea of what that will be ?

·
Registered
2021 Q50 RedSport, ARK Cat-Back. HKS BOV, AMS LDP, Mishimoto Catch Can
712 Posts
It would be through a vendor, not the dealership, should be max around $250 but without seeing in person or knowing myself what needs to be done I am not sure. I will send you info through messenger for someone that can do a good job with it

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Hard to tell is the lip body color or blacked out? Honestly I don't see why that crack couldn't be filled in with Bondo or some type of plastic filler, looks small enough that you shouldn't have to worry about it cracking again.

After wards just sanded it down and then painted to match the current lip, its mostly just cosmetic not a lot of work for a shop or DIY to be honest.
If its body colored and you want it color matched maybe $500-$600 max for a paint shop to get it perfect.

$1000 is overkill.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hard to tell is the lip body color or blacked out? Honestly I don't see why that crack couldn't be filled in with Bondo or some type of plastic filler, looks small enough that you shouldn't have to worry about it cracking again.

After wards just sanded it down and then painted to match the current lip, its mostly just cosmetic not a lot of work for a shop or DIY to be honest.
If its body colored and you want it color matched maybe $500-$600 max for a paint shop to get it perfect.

$1000 is overkill.
Thanks for the input. I’m going to go through the vendor @Phagan90 put me on with. Have an appointment set up tomorrow 🙏🏽

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Thanks for the input. I’m going to go through the vendor @Phagan90 put me on with. Have an appointment set up tomorrow 🙏🏽
Sounds good Phagan works at a dealership so if anyone knows where to get a good paint match done for an
Infiniti it would be him!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Big shout out to @Phagan90 for the hookup to get this front bumper lip back in tip top shape. Thanks again. Only $150🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽. The bumper lip was actually cracked he said but he was able to heat it and put it back together.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,183 Posts
Everyone rips dealers, but sometimes they have access to some awesome resources.

·
Premium Member
2019 Q50 silver sport
99 Posts
Why dont u just try having it wrapped snd hide it
Casually driving on the highway when a damn trash bag pops from underneath a car full of God knows what and cracks the bottom of my bumper. Instead of replacing the whole entire bumper is there any alternatives that you guys would know about ? Anything to cover the bottom lip of it ? Got quoted at a shop and they could repair it but for $900 but I’m not dropping almost grand for this. It’s barely noticeable to stranger but to me irks the hell out of me everytime I see it. Might bite the bullet and just leave it but wanted to see any diy alternatives . Thanks in advance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts