Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it comes as no surprise... especially in NY, where in Infiniti Wheels are a hot item..... I knew this well before I ever owned an Infiniti....

This morning, I got jacked! 99% of the time, my car is in a private parking spot in my community, but last night.. i left it out on the street.

Woke up to this

Ive had numerous nice cars, some with $5000 wheels on them.. never had a problem. I live in a very, very safe neighborhood, but proximity to the highway, makes it a target.

Luckily, they only got 2... I am assuming the snow/sidewalk got in their way, or somebody noticed them. Either way, they will be back for the other 2 rims... and I will be ready. I am wondering if I was in my parking spot, would they have taken all 4? or none... Not sure if I was a target, or a drive by selection.

Of course, no wheel locks... first car of mine to NEVER have wheel locks

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
OH DEAR LORD!!!

I am sorry for you man, truly...and pissed

And sadly enough...I don't think you are the first, definitely won't be the last.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
theres actually been another car, a red Q50s i believe he later saw the craigslist posting for them too i think.. all the same, sorry to hear man.

Reactions: Latrant

·
Registered
204 Posts
**** bro that sucks. I live in NY queens. Where do u live around? any damage? Good luck

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
sorry man, you may not be first or last, it simply should not happen anywhere.

This is what a
Bad mood

Looks like.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Dude! Another one! I was hoping u being the first was a positive one! Didnt expect this! Im sorry man! I hope u catch thoses thieves! :mad:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Just out of curiosity, did you have locking lug nuts? Are they even a deterrent nowadays?
Bummer.
I dont think that even helps! If they really want your wheels, that wont really stop them at all! Maybe take a little longer but these guys usually scout first before hitting! Its sad though! I sometimes leave my car outside when I am lazy to pull in the rear parking lot but these things makes u think twice!

Good thing there is a donut shop almost across my place that is usually filled with cops! Hahaha! :D

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Oh my God. I'm so, so sorry. Rims aside, it's the horrible way they leave your car just sitting on the ground with no protection. My condos has several waves of rim thieves before we got cameras. Did you have wheel locks? I had wheel-locks and I know that had to be a deterrent because they even stole a full set from a new Corolla with wheel covers rather than make noise trying to hammer a socket onto my locks. I still felt so bad for the woman who owned the Corolla. It was like a month old and they just left it on the ground bending up that metal thing that goes around the perimeter of the rotors.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Or on bricks. Yea, thanks for the bricks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just out of curiosity, did you have locking lug nuts? Are they even a deterrent nowadays?
Bummer.
OP mentioned in the first post he didn't have wheel locks. Even if he did it takes few minutes to take them off with emergency wheel lock remover / lock nut remover:

BTW - McGuard wheel locks are the ones offered by Infiniti Centers.

Reactions: Philogynist

·
Registered
25 Posts
I live in Miami and while its very unlikely to happen here (you never know), i was wondering if there is any other wheel lock to purchase in order to prevent this from happening?

Also that neighborhood looks populated, I am sure that someone is going to speak up and tell you what they saw that night.

It sucks that now you have to go through the headache of finding new rims and as well feel on edge every night!

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Ugh this is so disappointing...especially since you live in a nice part of NY. This is why I can't park mine on the street.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I lost the key on my 01 Acura. The new tire installer had a different method that removed the lock in seconds. However, that method destroyed the key.

Like any locks, they keep honest people honest. Any determined thief can steal wheels, and the entire car, in minutes.

Cure: park in a garage; move to a better neighborhood.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.