Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have recently traded in my 2017 Q50 premium with 2018 Q50 Red Sport. Car came with the interior ambient lighting.. i am noticing the footwell light only comes on when I open the door. Lights doesn't come on while I am driving. Does these lights are not supposed to stay on while driving at night?

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 Silver Sport VR30DDTT
262 Posts
Hey guys,

I have recently traded in my 2017 Q50 premium with 2018 Q50 Red Sport. Car came with the interior ambient lighting.. i am noticing the footwell light only comes on when I open the door. Lights doesn't come on while I am driving. Does these lights are not supposed to stay on while driving at night?
There is a button in the center console for these lights

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I believe my care came with these lights installed from the factory so I am hoping it will have the switch. I will check and report back.
OK. 🙂

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is it suppose to be only 1 switch? Asking because just realized that my door handle, cup holder lights are on always but my footwell light gets on only when I open the doors.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
4,794 Posts
The interior ambient lighting kit is not a factory option. It is a dealer installed accessory. I might be wrong about this but I thought the way it worked was the footwell lights come on/off with the dome lights. The Cupholder lights would stay on while driving (but only when the headlights are on?).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a button in the center console for these lights
There is no botton inside the center console.

The interior ambient lighting kit is not a factory option. It is a dealer installed accessory. I might be wrong about this but I thought the way it worked was the footwell lights come on/off with the dome lights. The Cupholder lights would stay on while driving (but only when the headlights are on?).
The footwell lights are coming on with the door. Meaning when the door's panel light is on, footwell lights are on.

Now, i would like to know if there is anyway to make these lights stay on? Also, why do I not have the switch in the center console?

·
Super Moderator
4,794 Posts

The footwell lights are coming on with the door. Meaning when the door's panel light is on, footwell lights are on.

Now, i would like to know if there is anyway to make these lights stay on? Also, why do I not have the switch in the center console?
The genuine Infiniti ambient lighting accessory does not come with any switch. It provides footwell and cupholder LED lighting. I believe the footwell lighting turns on when you open the door (and I think it goes out after you close the door and the dome lights go out). I am only speculating but I would think the cupholder lights only come on (and stay on) when the headlights are on. If the footwell lights are supposed to stay on while driving, I'd like to know that. I'd also like to know how the cupholder lights work, can you explain?

I added footwell lighting only (no cupholder lighting) and mine is not genuine, just amazon led strips. I have the 4 footwell lights come on/off with the dome lights.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The genuine Infiniti ambient lighting accessory does not come with any switch. It provides footwell and cupholder LED lighting. I believe the footwell lighting turns on when you open the door (and I think it goes out after you close the door and the dome lights go out). I am only speculating but I would think the cupholder lights only come on (and stay on) when the headlights are on. If the footwell lights are supposed to stay on while driving, I'd like to know that. I'd also like to know how the cupholder lights work, can you explain?

I added footwell lighting only (no cupholder lighting) and mine is not genuine, just amazon led strips. I have the 4 footwell lights come on/off with the dome lights.
The cup holder light comes on and stays on with the headlight like you mentioned. However, for some reason I thought footwell light does the same but apparently not.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
The cup holder light comes on and stays on with the headlight like you mentioned. However, for some reason I thought footwell light does the same but apparently not.
That is correct.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 Silver Sport VR30DDTT
262 Posts

Weird. Mine does have a switch. When I get my car tomorrow I’ll take a picture.

·
Super Moderator
4,794 Posts
Weird. Mine does have a switch. When I get my car tomorrow I’ll take a picture.
What does the switch do? It is a genuine OEM accessory?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Looks to be genuine. The switch just has a on off and I believe dim. I will take a picture today when I pick up my car
It would be the genuine Nissan / Infiniti accessory kit if switch is in the center console.

Reactions: Batell

·
Super Moderator
4,794 Posts
Looks like you guys are right!

Reactions: u1arunit and Batell

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks like you guys are right!

View attachment 97538
this is getting super confusing now.

i am not sure what kit i have.

I have the front foot well lights that come on/off with door opening/closing
i have cup holder lights that come on/off with headlights
i have door handle light (this is not mentioned in the part list for this kit)

what i dont have which i should have per this part list for the kit

no rear foot well light
no on/off button (at least i could not locate)

are there any other kits? and yes I am sure all these lights i have are OEM factory installed.

·
Super Moderator
4,794 Posts
this is getting super confusing now.

i am not sure what kit i have.

I have the front foot well lights that come on/off with door opening/closing
i have cup holder lights that come on/off with headlights
i have door handle light (this is not mentioned in the part list for this kit)

what i dont have which i should have per this part list for the kit

no rear foot well light
no on/off button (at least i could not locate)

are there any other kits? and yes I am sure all these lights i have are OEM factory installed.
Like I have said, no interior lighting kit is factory installed. They are dealer add-on accessories. Either your kit is genuine and the dealer skimped on the install, or it is not a genuine kit.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Like I have said, no interior lighting kit is factory installed. They are dealer add-on accessories. Either your kit is genuine and the dealer skimped on the install, or it is not a genuine kit.
incorrect. what you are saying is probably correct for models 2017 and earlier. but starting 2018 and up, they had SENSORY package which comes with ambient lighting from the factory.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts