Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
4,858 Posts
Reactions: mdanish4

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,440 Posts
incorrect. what you are saying is probably correct for models 2017 and earlier. but starting 2018 and up, they had SENSORY package which comes with ambient lighting from the factory.

View attachment 97539
I have a 2018 w/sensory package. There aren't any footwell lights as part of the enhanced ambient lighting. TBH, I'm not really sure what that entails.

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts
Reactions: mdanish4

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,440 Posts
I'll have to check the footwells again at night but I do have the illuminated cup holders.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts
I'll have to check the footwells again at night but I do have the illuminated cup holders.
Do you have the switch? Maybe your footwells are turned off?

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 Silver Sport VR30DDTT
272 Posts
this is getting super confusing now.

i am not sure what kit i have.

I have the front foot well lights that come on/off with door opening/closing
i have cup holder lights that come on/off with headlights
i have door handle light (this is not mentioned in the part list for this kit)

what i dont have which i should have per this part list for the kit

no rear foot well light
no on/off button (at least i could not locate)

are there any other kits? and yes I am sure all these lights i have are OEM factory installed.
This is on my 17 Q50S. It also has the welcome lighting. These are the door handles lighting up and lighting on the ground when walking up to the vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,440 Posts
Ok...after a subsequent inspection of this, I think I know what "enhanced ambient lighting" is. I have no switch for the footwell lights but they do come on when the door is opened and turn off when the door is closed. The cupholder lights turn on when the headlights are turned on and turn off when the headlights are turned off.

The Interior Accent Lighting option is a different animal.

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts
Ok...after a subsequent inspection of this, I think I know what "enhanced ambient lighting" is. I have no switch for the footwell lights but they do come on when the door is opened and turn off when the door is closed. The cupholder lights turn on when the headlights are turned on and turn off when the headlights are turned off.

The Interior Accent Lighting option is a different animal.
Just when I thought we gained full clarity..... we now have another question! So, what is Interior Accent Lighting?

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,440 Posts
Just when I thought we gained full clarity..... we now have another question! So, what is Interior Accent Lighting?
Isn't that a dealer-installed accessory? It isn't listed as an option in the 2018 Press Kit.

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts
Isn't that a dealer-installed accessory? It isn't listed as an option in the 2018 Press Kit.
I don't know. It's listed in Batell's window sticker. For $335, it better be good!

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 Silver Sport VR30DDTT
272 Posts
can you confirm what interior lights you have and how they operate?
Foot well and cup holder. They turn on when you open the door, and there is a button in the center console to keep them on or leave them off. I don't remember if there is a dim setting

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,440 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,440 Posts
Too dark! What are we looking at? I need some perspective, lol.
That's the light switch in the center console for the footwell lights.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts