Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My q50 is coming with Ambient Lighting. Is this just a few 80 cent LED's pointing at the shifter and pedals that they charge $480 for???

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have my order and car info that says exactly what it is coming with, which I assume everyone who ordered one does. Mine is being built in June and is set for a July 15 delivery. Besides what I asked for, it is coming with illuminated kick plates, welcome lighting and ambient lighting

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, the illuminated kick plates are a separate charge. They charge $480 just for the ambient lighting

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it's not just lighting pointing towards the pedals and shifter. It's the illuminated kick plate as well.

It's an OEM option. Of course its expensive. If you can do it cheaper yourself, go for it.
Why would I do it myself. I don't want them, it's a rip off, but they are putting lots of things like this on the early cars to make extra money.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have my order and car info that says exactly what it is coming with, which I assume everyone who ordered one does. Mine is being built in June and is set for a July 15 delivery. Besides what I asked for, it is coming with illuminated kick plates, welcome lighting and ambient lighting
If you ordered the car the way you want it I don't see how they can force you to have extra options.... I ordered the car too. They didn't mentioned any illuminated plates or ambient light which I probably would have been interested. However, I already negotiated the Max $ I would pay for the way the cars coming. If they want to add anything else it better be free ╮(╯_╰)╭

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Well it's because the dealer has a list of production vehicles and finds you your closest match. Infiniti decided to install the illuminated floor plates on most or all of the first run cars. I think someone said they didn't want to pay extra for those but they were installed, so the dealer agreed to eat the delivery fee instead.

It's still early in the game at this point. I'm sure we will get lots of accurate info once these hit lots.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Well it's because the dealer has a list of production vehicles and finds you your closest match. Infiniti decided to install the illuminated floor plates on most or all of the first run cars. I think someone said they didn't want to pay extra for those but they were installed, so the dealer agreed to eat the delivery fee instead.

It's still early in the game at this point. I'm sure we will get lots of accurate info once these hit lots.

According to the sales manager, ALL cars coming in are required to have the illuminated kick plates. If that's true, then it is just a ploy by Infiniti to get some extra revenue. He said he would not charge me for them, balancing out the required dealer prep fee that he has to charge. There better not be the ambient lighting on the car, because I will not pay for it. I should know in another month what's coming in.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
According to the sales manager, ALL cars coming in are required to have the illuminated kick plates. If that's true, then it is just a ploy by Infiniti to get some extra revenue. He said he would not charge me for them, balancing out the required dealer prep fee that he has to charge. There better not be the ambient lighting on the car, because I will not pay for it. I should know in another month what's coming in.
Exactly. This is a car they were getting any way. I was the first to put a deposit down so it's reserved for me. I don't think I have much of a choice about taking it with what it has, just like if I walked on to a lot and the only one in the color I want also comes with some stuff I don't. I don't need the kick plates or the ambient lighting but if I don't want to wait another month which is when the next red and black non sport arrives in so cal, than I'm going to be forced to pay for these things

·
Registered
83 Posts
Exactly. This is a car they were getting any way. I was the first to put a deposit down so it's reserved for me. I don't think I have much of a choice about taking it with what it has, just like if I walked on to a lot and the only one in the color I want also comes with some stuff I don't. I don't need the kick plates or the ambient lighting but if I don't want to wait another month which is when the next red and black non sport arrives in so cal, than I'm going to be forced to pay for these things
Ummmmm... I know you like this car... I do too... and I wanna have my hands on it as quick as possible.... AND it's a brand new car blah blah blad..... BUT you have to look em in the eeyes n tell em "**** you " I ain't taking that %$#@! ╮(╯_╰)╭

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Just got back from my dealer and my order shows the same unwanted **** added on. Floor mats, trunk mats, ambiance lighting, welcome lighting, light up door plates, 17" bright wheels 9whatever that means). Added up, its almost $3k in extra fluff i never wanted in my car in the first place.

·
Registered
171 Posts
the floor mats, trunk mat, first aid kit used to be tacked onto the price of the car....i dont know why they decided to extract it if they're just going to add the price on the window sticker.

whats this "bright wheel" option i saw a few people writing about? the wheels are already "bright.....meaning not powder coated or painted a dark shade. kinda sketchy

if the ambient lighting is anything like the package they offered on the G....its the biggest waste of money ever. All they do is add 2 LED's into the footwell of the driver and passenger and call it a day

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Those are the $1600 17" shiny wheels:

PASS. IMO, $1,600 is robbery for those cry me a river "shiny" wheels. Throw in another g or 2 & get some Asanti's or some other nice CHROME wheels for that matter. Or simply upgrade to the Sport 19s which at least don't look cheesy.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
PASS. IMO, $1,600 is robbery for those cry me a river "shiny" wheels. Throw in another g or 2 & get some Asanti's or some other nice CHROME wheels for that matter. Or simply upgrade to the Sport 19s which at least don't look cheesy.

Yeah,I want the 19" sport wheels on my premium, and am willing to pay for them. But they are trying to sell me these 17"s

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.