Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 2018 Q50 2 weeks ago and finally today I was able to finish my sub and amp install (non BOSE system). Before the install, I had some concerns because this car has ANC and ASE (fake engine noise). Thanks to one member here, he recommended to unplug the ANC and ASE unit that is in the trunk under the rear parcel shelf. I was worried that by unplugging that module, I may get an error message on the dash. I can confirm that there are no error messages on the dash after unplugging that module. One thing I did notice was the road and wind noise increased slightly in the vehicle.

Just a few pointers for members who have the non BOSE system. I first tapped my signal from the rear speakers in the doors. The bass was very weak. At first I thought my signal wires were out of phase, but they weren't. So, I unplugged my subs and played some music with lots of bass and I listened to the speakers in the rear doors. There was hardly any bass coming from them (the factory system probably has some high pass filter for the rear speakers). I then listened to the speaker in the front doors. The front door speaker has lots of bass. So, I eventually grabbed my signal from the front speakers. The easiest way to do this is to grab the signal from behind the radio. Taking apart the dash is simple and it took me about 7 minutes. After connecting my signal wires to the front speakers, I re-connected my subs. What a big difference! The bass hits hard and heavy.

When I do find more time, I will replace my front speakers with a set of Pioneer Z series components and Rockford Power series 2 channel amp.

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
I just bought my 2018 Q50 2 weeks ago and finally today I was able to finish my sub and amp install (non BOSE system). Before the install, I had some concerns because this car has ANC and ASE (fake engine noise). Thanks to one member here, he recommended to unplug the ANC and ASE unit that is in the trunk under the rear parcel shelf. I was worried that by unplugging that module, I may get an error message on the dash. I can confirm that there are no error messages on the dash after unplugging that module. One thing I did notice was the road and wind noise increased slightly in the vehicle.

Just a few pointers for members who have the non BOSE system. I first tapped my signal from the rear speakers in the doors. The bass was very weak. At first I thought my signal wires were out of phase, but they weren't. So, I unplugged my subs and played some music with lots of bass and I listened to the speakers in the rear doors. There was hardly any bass coming from them (the factory system probably has some high pass filter for the rear speakers). I then listened to the speaker in the front doors. The front door speaker has lots of bass. So, I eventually grabbed my signal from the front speakers. The easiest way to do this is to grab the signal from behind the radio. Taking apart the dash is simple and it took me about 7 minutes. After connecting my signal wires to the front speakers, I re-connected my subs. What a big difference! The bass hits hard and heavy.

When I do find more time, I will replace my front speakers with a set of Pioneer Z series components and Rockford Power series 2 channel amp.
I'm probably the one you are referring to and I was wondering what would happen if the ANC module was disconnected as I don't have one to test that. Thanks for the feedback!

While there was no error message on the Vehicle Information Display (which is good), I believe there will be several DTCs logged if you connect an OBD2 reader to the car and check for codes. At least that's what I was able to gather from the Service Manual.

The non-Bose six-speaker audio system has a 3.25" squawker (high and midrange frequencies) and a 6.5" speaker (high, mid, and low frequencies) in each front door. The rear doors have the same 6.5" speaker as the front doors do. I wouldn't think there would be a high-pass filter on the rear door speakers since they are the same as the front door speakers. However, your test would seem to indicate there is some sort of difference in the equalization sent to the rear door speakers vs. the front. Odd.

Regardless, you solved your problem!

·
Registered
1 Posts

do you have a wiring diagram of what wires you tapped into from behind the radio? what colors are the front speaker wires and what color are the rear speaker wires?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you have a wiring diagram of what wires you tapped into from behind the radio? what colors are the front speaker wires and what color are the rear speaker wires?
Left Front Speaker (+/-) blue - red +,- radio, white 20 pin plug, pins 2 - 3
Right Front Speaker (+/-) lt. green - pink +,- radio, white 20 pin plug, pins 11 - 12
Left Rear Speaker (+/-) lt. green - lt. blue +,- radio, white 20 pin plug, pins 4 - 5
Right Rear Speaker (+/-) blue - pink +,- radio, white 20 pin plug, pins 13 - 14

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for sharing your experience.

I would like to also replace the front door speakers. What would be the best location to place the amp for front speakers?

·
Registered
491 Posts
My 19 Luxe speakers are garbage compared to what I had in my 14 Sport Deluxe Touring. Definitely need to replace these and amplify

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for sharing your experience.

I would like to also replace the front door speakers. What would be the best location to place the amp for front speakers?
I don't have a spare tire cause my model is a 2018. That is where I put my amps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Left Front Speaker (+/-) blue - red +,- radio, white 20 pin plug, pins 2 - 3
Right Front Speaker (+/-) lt. green - pink +,- radio, white 20 pin plug, pins 11 - 12
Left Rear Speaker (+/-) lt. green - lt. blue +,- radio, white 20 pin plug, pins 4 - 5
Right Rear Speaker (+/-) blue - pink +,- radio, white 20 pin plug, pins 13 - 14
I have the 2018 luxe but the wiring colors and pin do not match this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was on the right plug, but it looks like the wires did not match the pins mentioned by platinum above, not sure why. I ended up taking apart the vertical door panel and found the rear speaker wires that platinum had mentioned though. Thankyou

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys, I got my Q50 (non bose model) recently and I could connect my amp and sub to the rear door speakers. The ANC and ASC problem was solved when I unplugged one fuse from the fuse box located in the trunk. I'm attaching a photo for your reference. Let me know your feedback if this wasn't a right thing to do.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Guys, I got my Q50 (non bose model) recently and I could connect my amp and sub to the rear door speakers. The ANC and ASC problem was solved when I unplugged one fuse from the fuse box located in the trunk. I'm attaching a photo for your reference. Let me know your feedback if this wasn't a right thing to do.
What year and engine do you have? 3.0 or 2.0?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Where is that located exactly? Yes year and model?

·
Registered
5,735 Posts

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
No the fuse box in his picture.
Yeah, I thought he wanted to know where the ANC Unit was located.

There are three fuses that supply power to the ANC Unit. Fuse # 86 is the fuse he pulled and that supplies power directly from the battery while the engine is running. Fuse # 77 supplies power to the ANC Unit when the ignition switch is set to "Ignition". Fuse #93 supplies power to the ANC Unit when the ignition switch is set to "Accessory".

Fuse # 86 should be adequate since having the ANC Unit disabled while the engine is running is what is wanted. The way I read the wiring diagram is if the ignition switch is in the Ignition or Accessory position, power is applied to the ANC Unit. This is done so the audio system is functional in the other ignition switch positions. Fuses # 77 and # 93 supply power to other components like the Display Control Unit, AV Control Unit and so on. Best to leave those be.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts