Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out AMS is accepting pre-orders to be shipped out end of the month on the big bore fuel pump, is it worth it over the standard HPFP at the price tag of $2499

·
Registered
109 Posts
The HPFP is a 36% increase in fuel capacity over stock, and the Big Bore (BB) HPFP is a 47% increase in fuel capacity over stock. Last night I saw a @nostrumhp Instagram video where they mentioned the BB HPFP will good for over 1000 whp and the Nostrum injectors good for over 900 whp, both on regular pump gas; they mentioned Ethanol blends will be lower. Unfortunately, I do not have the video handy for the precise numbers they stated (nor do I know how they formulated those estimates).

Long winded way of saying: ask AMS for their recommendation based on your goals.

If I had to guess, the regular HPFP should be fine for 600 whp targets, but beyond that you will be looking at the BB HPFP.

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess the big bore doesn't matter unless you get a bigger turbo

·
Registered
109 Posts
I guess the big bore doesn't matter unless you get a bigger turbo
Definitely. The Nostrum HPFP will handle stock turbos and/or Ethanol. No need for Big Bore HPFP if you do not intend to go RA600 or higher. I know that the stock HPFP is a bottleneck, even with stock turbo, but Nostrum's HPFP is a huge upgrade over stock.

As I am slowly piling up some parts, I will be doing the HPFP, LPFP, and injectors are the same time -- for this, I am leaning towards going with the big bore HPFP to have it done and out of the way, but I have not purchased either HPFP just yet, and I plan to ask AMS for their recommendation based on my goals once the time comes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts