·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,832 Posts
Puffy stickers included? ;) Interesting how just a material difference will make them not CARB approved. I guess it's enough of a difference to trigger a new CARB test and they don't want to shell out the money. Can you buy just the tops?

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you buy just the tops?
Yes, but AMS did not provide a price in their newsletter or on their website (you'll need to call them apparently).

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,832 Posts
I think we knew about these 4 months ago. But I guess they are just now for sale?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I saw the AMS carbon kit on FB linked for like $850 or something hilarious. Just absurd.
Definitely crazy but someone will buy them with their stimulus money.

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
124 Posts
There are tons of people that mod their q50s for appearance, to each and there own. My dollars go towards performance besides tints and trim wrap.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Probably so. Crazy.
There are tons of people that mod their q50s for appearance, to each and there own. My dollars go towards performance besides tints and trim wrap.
The difference is you can't see this mod unless youre parked with your hood up......scene points

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,034 Posts
I’d hope someone who qualified for a stimulus would not be purchasing this. Someone who didn’t qualify possibly.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,832 Posts
I’d hope someone who qualified for a stimulus would not be purchasing this. Someone who didn’t qualify possibly.
Look at 17 bragging that he pulls in more than $150k / year. I qualified for the stimulus. Sole provider for a family of 5. 6 figs but not quite $150k. We actually have been spending it in places we wouldn't normally spend, trying to do our part. :)

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,034 Posts
Look at 17 bragging that he pulls in more than $150k / year. I qualified for the stimulus. Sole provider for a family of 5. 6 figs but not quite $150k. We actually have been spending it in places we wouldn't normally spend, trying to do our part. :)
Nope, I got a stimmy, and therefore will not be purchasing this product. Not sure how that was your takeaway.

Did I spend all my stimmy money on car mods? You bet your ass i did! But not on overly pointless mods like this, I’m not rich.

·
Registered
30 Posts
AMS Performance Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Red Alpha Matte Carbon Intake Covers
  • ALP.28.06.0004-1) MSRP: $499.95

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
11,864 Posts
You know what P.T. Barnum use to say....

·
Registered
23 Posts
You know what P.T. Barnum use to say....
Nice- I just watched a movie called -The Greatest Showman- with Hugh Jackman (who played P.T. Barnum). Otherwise, I would have been lost in the reference. Not going to lie, I liked it as much as my kids. Barnum was on to something... and AMS seems like they are doing something right - either way 🤷🏽‍♂️.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
11,864 Posts
There is no such thing as bad publicity? 🤣🤣
"There's a sucker born every minute." P.T. Barnum is attributed with the saying but there's no evidence that he ever said it.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
"There's a sucker born every minute." P.T. Barnum is attributed with the saying but there's no evidence that he ever said it.
He also said what I quoted. I was being sarcastic.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
11,864 Posts
He also said what I quoted. I was being sarcastic.
I know you were. However, even though both quotes are attributed to Barnum, there's no hard evidence that he was the originator of either one.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I know you were. However, even though both quotes are attributed to Barnum, there's no hard evidence that he was the originator of either one.
I didn't realize so many quotes were attributed to him when looking online.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts