Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2017 q50 red sport
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up guys, my check engine light came on right after I installed my AMS intakes. No leaks or anything and the check engine light came back on. Did anyone else have a check engine light come on while installing the Intakes ?

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,171 Posts
What cel code?

·
Registered
2017 q50 red sport
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What’s up guys, my check engine light came on right after I installed my AMS intakes. No leaks or anything and the check engine light came back on. Did anyone else have a check engine light come on while installing the Intakes ?
Also, I went to autozone got the scan and it was the MAF sensor but I went back and did every step over again and the light is still on
What cel code?
the MAF sensor from what the scanner was saying. Went back and made sure they were both plugged in. I’m pretty sure I turned the car on while one was loose and that’s why I have the check engine light

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,171 Posts
Did you swap bank 1 and 2 on accident when installing?
Try pulling battery terminals for like 10mins and then try again.

·
Registered
2017 q50 red sport
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you swap bank 1 and 2 on accident when installing?
Try pulling battery terminals for like 10mins and then try again.
No I didn’t swap them. And I pulled the battery for 10 min and than 20 min. Check engine light still there but the car is driving fine and there’s no leaks.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,171 Posts
Cel code?

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,829 Posts
Both of those DTCs are pointing at the passenger side (bank 1) MAF. It would be helpful to know exactly which DTC was thrown. Both are suppose to put the car in fail-safe (limp) mode, yet you indicate the car is running fine. Odd.

Those DTCs indicate a possible harness or connector problem (bank 1 MAF is open or shorted), the bank 1 MAF is bad, intake air leaks, bad intake air temperature sensor, or the EVAP control system pressure sensor is bad (unlikely).

I suspect an air leak or bad MAF unless it's something simple like you bent or pushed a pin out enough on the connector to the MAF. Have you done any continuity or voltage testing?

·
Registered
2017 q50 red sport
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Both of those DTCs are pointing at the passenger side (bank 1) MAF. It would be helpful to know exactly which DTC was thrown. Both are suppose to put the car in fail-safe (limp) mode, yet you indicate the car is running fine. Odd.

Those DTCs indicate a possible harness or connector problem (bank 1 MAF is open or shorted), the bank 1 MAF is bad, intake air leaks, bad intake air temperature sensor, or the EVAP control system pressure sensor is bad (unlikely).

I suspect an air leak or bad MAF unless it's something simple like you bent or pushed a pin out enough on the connector to the MAF. Have you done any continuity or voltage testing?
No not yet, I was going to bring the car to the dealership to have them look at it

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,829 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
What air filter do you have? I’ve read a lot of people having issues with oiled filters. Dry filters seem to be the way to go

·
Registered
6 Posts
What air filter do you have? I’ve read a lot of people having issues with oiled filters. Dry filters seem to be the way to go
Not sure bought the intakes from Infiniti but I guess it’s causing the code P0106 after Infiniti install so Infiniti checked my hoses and found a kink in the hks blow off valves and causing uneven pressure in the manifold so they said the code is gone now after replacing hoses. The hoses was not strong enough under vacuumed but I will find out after I pick up the car tomorrow. The dealership said I have too many bolts on like the blow off valves and oil catch can and the downpipes but they took care of it

·
Registered
114 Posts
Too many bolt ons, lol! Nice of them to take care of it though

·
Registered
114 Posts
I thought AMS did, but I was laughing that the dealership said you had too many bolt ons, as if that was possible!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts