Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
What up q50 fam! I just installed these intakes on my q50 a couple days ago and these things sound vicious. You guys can follow along if you guys need some guidance, I posted the full video up on my YouTube channel. Check it out and let me know what you think! 馃挭馃徑

Premium Member
What up q50 fam! I just installed these intakes on my q50 a couple days ago and these things sound vicious. You guys can follow along if you guys need some guidance, I posted the full video up on my YouTube channel. Check it out and let me know what you think! 馃挭馃徑

Do you have a build thread?

Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
They sound mean because you have your shroud off. But the shroud is there for a purpose. It collects and directs ("rams") outside air to the filters. But with the shroud on, there is very little, if any, sound change over stock.

Registered
But with the shroud on, there is very little, if any, sound change over stock.
He's likely a sales guy for AMS Performance. He can't stop talking about these intakes, like it's the 2nd coming of (insert your favorite deity).smh.

Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
He's likely a sales guy for AMS Performance. He can't stop talking about these intakes, like it's the 2nd coming of (insert your favorite deity).smh.
But they sound...uh...vicious.

Premium Member
But they sound...uh...vicious.
Nothing sounded better than my intake on a 2013 legacy 3.6R.

Sounded like a porsche.

check out my youtube channel and scroll down. I have an entire session for the 3.6r. turn up that volume...that intake was vicious.

Premium Member
They do sound nice, Jordan.

You have better production than my videos for sure.

I just dont have the patience.

Super Moderator
I do like my "puffy" Infiniti stickers. :run:

Registered
Nothing sounded better than my intake on a 2013 legacy 3.6R.
You never flipped the air cleaner cover over on a stock airbox on a small block Chevy w/4-bbl carb.

When you floor it, and the secondaries open, even a 301/305/307 sounds mean! LOL

Premium Member
You never flipped the air cleaner cover over on a stock airbox on a small block Chevy w/4-bbl carb.

When you floor it, and the secondaries open, even a 301/305/307 sounds mean! LOL

ok...I have one better...

1973 BMW 2002 with dual webbers.

first stage good for 90 mph in 3rd. press more and the second barrel opens with a Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

wish I kept it.

Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon

The aftermarket air cleaner I put on my 68 Camaro was already open so I didn't have to flip the cover. I replaced the engine with a 400 small block, added a 600 cfm 4-bbl Holley, Edelbrock Torker manifold, Cyclone headers and dual exhausts. It sounded like Death Incarnate. God, I wish I had kept that car.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
They sound mean because you have your shroud off. But the shroud is there for a purpose. It collects and directs ("rams") outside air to the filters. But with the shroud on, there is very little, if any, sound change over stock.
not true.

Super Moderator
not true.
That's my experience. Sitting in the cabin - even with the window open - shroud installed, hood closed. No perceptible increase in sound. They do sound bad @$$ with the shroud off.

Registered
That's my experience. Sitting in the cabin - even with the window open - shroud installed, hood closed. No perceptible increase in sound. They do sound bad @$$ with the shroud off.
I too noticed no real difference in sound, at least with shroud on never taken it off while driving.

Reactions: ptatohed

Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium

Registered
Wrote that yourself did you - wow. 馃ぁ
Did I offend you? It wasn't my intention. I struggle a little bit with fanboi videos and people who know just enough to be dangerous and suddenly they're experts. I apologize if you took exception to my post.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts