Allen, Texas
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: ptatohed

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,857 Posts
Hmm. Metal flaking off of the fuel rail? Interesting.

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
Nostrum should have had injectors by now. Kinda frustrated by their not being available yet.

Hopefully mine don't fail.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Hmmm If metal is flaking off the fuel rails from a poor application I'd be curious as to why? Bad internal coating of the metals? A new and untested metallurgy? Or simply poor QC in the build process/lack of testing before moving to production. Hmmm probably won't find out one way or another.

@MobileTechGundam - Are you able to confirm if the 2020 models have an updated version of the Fuel rails? Look at the
parts catalog it appears the 2017-2019 models all use the same fuel rails.

17521-5CA0A
17522-5CA0A

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,857 Posts
I wouldn't think the rails are coated internally. I thought they were either stainless steel or aluminum. I'm leaning towards the fuel rail system not being completely clean when assembled and there were leftover bits of metal that work their way down into an injector. I'd like to hear what our Infiniti techs have to offer about the rails.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Or maybe debris from E85 pumps, since less people use them and most likely getting rusty than regular gas pumps.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a DeatschWerks fuel filter in line after my Fuel-it sensor in the engine bay. 36K and no locked up injectors yet. This wont save me from flaking fuel rails or anything but would help in the case of fuel tank debris or LPFP debris. Been running E85 for a year.

·
Super Moderator
3,643 Posts
Anyone have a copy of the TSB?

Here's all I was able to find:

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Best I can find with a quick search:

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 AWD Premium
278 Posts
I have a DeatschWerks fuel filter in line after my Fuel-it sensor in the engine bay. 36K and no locked up injectors yet. This wont save me from flaking fuel rails or anything but would help in the case of fuel tank debris or LPFP debris. Been running E85 for a year.
pictures of set up ? and is it possible for me to run a inline fuel filter without a Fuel-it or AMS ethanol sensor ?

·
Registered
2017 Q50 S Red Sport 400 RWD
167 Posts
Nostrum should have had injectors by now. Kinda frustrated by their not being available yet.

Hopefully mine don't fail.
I received an email stating they are available, but the first batch sold out already. On back order now. About $1,800.00 AMS Injectors

Reactions: JohnInNH

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Reactions: IridiumRS400

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
I've received 3 emails from AMS trying to sell me the new injectors, but are out of stock. Go Auto is trying to get them for my build. He has my approval to get injectors and both fuel rails. 🤞 they make it in time.

Reactions: Red RS400

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I've received 3 emails from AMS trying to sell me the new injectors, but are out of stock. Go Auto is trying to get them for my build. He has my approval to get injectors and both fuel rails. 🤞 they make it in time.
Maybe only 2. Because one of them was a correction to the first email where they said it's only for non-red sport.

·
Super Moderator
3,643 Posts
^This.

·
Registered
44 Posts
pictures of set up ? and is it possible for me to run a inline fuel filter without a Fuel-it or AMS ethanol sensor ?
Here you go, and yeah I am sure it is.

Reactions: ridinonrails

·
Registered
830 Posts
@Dzhezkov - I’m waiting on my DWFF70 to come in. What fittings did you use to connect to the AMS FF Kit? Got a link for the parts?

It looks like you used:
•Two 8AN Orb to 6AN Male
•One Swivel 6AN Female to 6AN Female

Is this correct?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 AWD Premium
278 Posts
Here you go, and yeah I am sure it is. View attachment 94600
ah, i see it is possible.. but what is the actual fuel line fitting size ? like these:

and i want to run it like this: (without sensor)

*these images are from fuel it website for their flex fuel kit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
@Dzhezkov - I’m waiting on my DWFF70 to come in. What fittings did you use to connect to the AMS FF Kit? Got a link for the parts?

It looks like you used:
•Two 8AN Orb to 6AN Male
•One Swivel 6AN Female to 6AN Female

Is this correct?

Thanks!
@ridinonrails

I ordered 2x of each:

DeatschWerks Reducers 6-02-0401 (needed for filter)

And

Amazon.com: Russell 640940 -6 AN Male to 3/8" SAE Quick-Disconnect Male Push-On EFI Fitting: Automotive (I dont think I used this one, but some people may need it depending if they replace the OEM fuel hose from the lower passenger side, the black rubber one from the fuel tank)

All the other parts, fittings and hoses were provided by the AMS flex fuel / HPFP / LPFP kits I ordered from AMS.

Reactions: EngineeredQ50

·
Registered
830 Posts
If anyone’s interested on how I installed an inline fuel filter with my AMS FF Kit, see the thread below:

Reactions: QFittyRS
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.