Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on v2 for the maps. This is the 1st map after sending in the idle running log. Can I safely drive it around? They are closed now so I can't ask.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yes just stay out of boost.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Did it only come with 1 Map? I'm sure your fine to hit boost. I wouldn't be insanely aggressive with it like flooring it constantly. I'm sure they start off safe and then slowly add more to it to see what your car and fuel can handle. Just drive it normal until they respond on Monday.

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
I'm on v2 for the maps. This is the 1st map after sending in the idle running log. Can I safely drive it around? They are closed now so I can't ask.
Look at the logs and decide.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
The data logs will tell you how hard you can drive it safely. Putt around easy n look. Then log a little harder n look again. Rinse repeat each time a little more peddle. Boost should not go over 34 till AMS ok's it.

AFR, 12 at high boost, and 15-14ish at low to medium boost. Proceed at your own risk, as I'm NOT a tuner. On deceleration AFR can be high. I get 20 on steep down hills, off throttle. 14ish-15 in average throttle. It jumps around there as I glance at my Dashboard. As a FYI. (I think 20 is the max AFR # reported in EcuTec)

·
Registered
15 Posts
The data logs will tell you how hard you can drive it safely. Putt around easy n look. Then log a little harder n look again. Rinse repeat each time a little more peddle. Boost should not go over 34 till AMS ok's it.

AFR, 12 at high boost, and 15-14ish at low to medium boost. Proceed at your own risk, as I'm NOT a tuner.
14-15:1 is pretty lean for "medium boost"! If you're a few PSI into it you will probably already be seeing enrichment. 12.5-13.5 is a more reasonable range for "medium boost"

On deceleration AFR can be high. I get 20 on steep down hills, off throttle. 14ish-15 in average throttle. It jumps around there as I glance at my Dashboard. As a FYI. (I think 20 is the max AFR # reported in EcuTec)

As a note, wideband O2 sensors read in a range from 10:1 to 20:1. Anything outside those bounds and it will just report the bound. When you're coasting and see the 20:1, what has really happened is that you've entered DFCO (Decel Fuel Cut-Off) mode, which saves on MPG and emissions during decel.

On that same point, if for some reason you're logging AFR and it starts to go incredibly rich (MAF error, injector stuck open, etc) you'll see it go towards 10:1 and then just peg at 10:1. So if a log reads 10:1 it could really be anything richer than 10:1.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
"you will probably already be seeing enrichment. 12.5-13.5 is a more reasonable range for "medium boost""

True. I do see those numbers. My "Low-Medium" is not your Medium lol. If he was leaner then 14-15 I felt it was unsafe. New maps amd data logs will dial him in. I believe we are in agreement. 😊

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Follow the instructions that AMS gave you. When I was on my first map they made it clear that I should not drive it in "positive boost" which they translated to more than 25% throttle. It can get tedious while you're waiting for them to analyze your logs, but per AMS you want to make sure to do things the right and safe way. I'd follow their instructions to the letter and don't assume it's ok to drive the car harder until they specifically tell you to do so.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm on map 3 now. They said for me to do a couple runs from 1st to 4th. How fast do you think that will be? Not sure if I want to do that on the street. I'm thinking maybe I should do it on a dyno.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Redline with the RS lower final drive gearing is 117 MPH, but 6500 will do.

A full hit to rev limiter in 3rd SHOULD give them enough data, and 4th to 6200 should be OK if you run out of room.

A few runs "1st to 4th"<-- what do they mean?
1) 2000 to redline in 1, 2, 3, 4 each a data log separately.

Or
2) a run from 2200 in auto till redline in 4th.
Or
3) a run from 2200 in auto UNTIL the car shifts fully into 4th then letting off? VDC on or off? Sport+ or Standard?

I wish tuners were more explicit in giving us instructions. Seb and I worked out the instructions to get him exactly what to log.

·
Registered
517 Posts
friend of mine ordered AMS's tune and it didn't come with any maps at all....? Is he getting the one-off experience or is he supposed to provide an initial baseline first?

·
Registered
455 Posts
friend of mine ordered AMS's tune and it didn't come with any maps at all....? Is he getting the one-off experience or is he supposed to provide an initial baseline first?
I actually just flashed a map like 20 minutes ago with the latest update and it didn't have any maps. I sent the screenshot over to my tuner for an explanation.

Edit: Tuner sent me a revised map and map selection showed up. I am sure AMS will correct it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts