Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the track last night and figured I would share some of my results with the AMS AWD controller. I ran a new best of 11.511 back to back with almost the exact same splits. My previous best was an 11.587 which was run a few weeks back. On the 60ft I was able to break into the 1.5s with the AWD controller vs my previous best of 1.64 so while there are obviously many factors it would seem the controller is shaving about .05 off my 60fts and close to .1 off my quarter. I think on regular tires the controller will be an even bigger advantage, I’ll test that out when I put the all seasons back on.

The auto-shift has made the car much more consistent vs playing wack a mole with the paddles. The 1-2 was always kind of hard to hit for me. Looking at my logs it shifted consistently at the same RPM every time.

Burnout works well although with an open diff sometimes only 1 wheel spins which is expected. May look at an LSD for more consistent results but I’m probably not really at a power level that needs it yet.

Install is pretty straightforward, took me less than 45 mins and most of that was trying to squeeze my hands under the dash to secure the unit.

I’m really happy with where the car is at while still using the tiny factory mid-pipe/muffler and intakes. I’m sure I could get into the 11.4s with better DA but the local track is closing after this weekend to start resurfacing unfortunately.
Thanks to AMS Performance Josh Perez Jacob Compton getting my car rolling. It surprises a ton of people while sounding stock with a kid's car seat in back.

Receipt Font Material property Rectangle Paper
Receipt Font Material property Paper Rectangle
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Mods are as follows 2017 Q50S AWD (AMS HX, LPFP, flex fuel kit, fuel filter, aluminum driveshaft, flex E30 tune, AWD controller) PPE resonated LDPs, ISR Y-pipe, Z1 subframe collars and drop in aFe filters. Lightweight 18s with 285/40/18 ET Street SS in back.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
The dragstrip run made me chuckle at your "competition" in the other lane - nice red light! (in the 1st video)

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I feel bad for that guy, I out ran him twice. He almost lined up a third time and he let another car go in front I think.

The dragstrip run made me chuckle at your "competition" in the other lane - nice red light! (in the 1st video)

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Nice write up sir and thanks for putting some numbers down for the community!

Reactions: Blackhawk77

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Apparently AMS just released updated S/W to address the AutoShift issue and binding condition at low speed and turning:

AMS AWD Box issues with Autoshift on Red Sport

If you have this AWD Controller, see the following YT video on how to d/l the latest S/W:

Reactions: PNWQ50RS

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did some Mexico testing, 1.63/1.64s. New dragy best for me.
Product Rectangle Azure Font Parallel

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's all configured in AMS's calibration, I'd have to see if I can see the tables

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is what they have as far as description on the website.

AMS CALIBRATED AWD MODE SWITCHING
The Syvecs control module and software allows us to configure four separate AWD mode strategies that are able to be selected on-the-fly by the driver. The adjustments require no laptop or phone app, and are easily and quickly controlled via the factory Drive Mode Selection toggle switch.

1. Sport & Sport+: 100% AWD application for improvement in straight-line acceleration
  2. Standard: Normal driving mode with optimized stock-like AWD control
  3. ECO: RWD/open differential for increased fuel efficiency and less wear on components when driving straight and without wheel slip (AWD will still engage in a high slip scenario and is not completely disabled for improved safety)
  4. Snow: Increased AWD center diff lock from a standstill, AWD lock optimized for increased stability when turning or stopping

Reactions: jodedor

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hit the track today after AMS adjusted my launch control since I didn't seem to be traction limited. I also raised my shift points a tad and installed AMS intakes.

Track was slammed so I only got 2 runs in with each of them being a new best so a pretty good day. Also ran sub 1.550 60fts on both passes.
Automotive tire Font Receipt Camera lens Audio equipment

1 - 11 of 11 Posts