Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
So, I picked up my car this morning (during a snow storm). The dyno results were 450 WHP / 520 ft-lbs torque.

I had to snap a pic of this GT-R and my Q50 just chilling in the snow.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just picked up my ‘16 Q50RS (AWD) from AMS today. Absolutely incredible job. Was able to see 441whp and 512wtq on the dyno. Went in bone stock as far as performance goes.

Ecutek is fantastic. Love the map switching via the RPM gauge, very cool. Launch control was included in the installed Racerom.

Didn’t touch the stock exhaust, just the stage 3 package, which sounds great by itself! The down pipes really change the sound in a surprising, positive way. Nice growl and rumble. Pops and crackles very nicely.

The price breakdown seemed fair, especially considering some of the labor estimates I’ve seen for various components included with the kit. I’m sure one could save well by shopping around for labor, but I figured why not have these guys do it, when it’s their product to begin with.

I’m extremely happy with my experience at AMS.
Hey, are you local to Chicago?

·
Registered
2 Posts
It started snowing on me as soon as I picked up yesterday as well. Great timing... still
Hey, are you local to Chicago?
Pretty close. What’s up? PM.

Also started snowing on me as soon as I picked up. Still have no idea what the full potential is, but it’s a massive improvement from the tiny pulls I’ve felt.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It started snowing on me as soon as I picked up yesterday as well. Great timing... still

Pretty close. What’s up? PM.

Also started snowing on me as soon as I picked up. Still have no idea what the full potential is, but it’s a massive improvement from the tiny pulls I’ve felt.
Nothing particular, I just don't see many folks for the Chicago area around here.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
There are so few CV37 platform Q60s in the Puget Sound Area that I got a call today from my Audi friend this afternoon (he was on his way home from work). "Did you just pass me on I-405?" LOL, no, I'm working from home today.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I have a couple of observations after a couple of days of somewhat normal driving (it's still cold, and we have some patchy ice).

1) I need tires, the stock run flats (yeah I know) can't bite. PS A/S 3+ here I come...
2) With the LDPs, the Helmholtz exhaust is loud, and I mean loud.
3) The transmission seems to shift differently. I'm assuming this is due to the ECU flash, and it needs to "relearn."

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have a couple of observations after a couple of days of somewhat normal driving (it's still cold, and we have some patchy ice).

1) I need tires, the stock run flats (yeah I know) can't bite. PS A/S 3+ here I come...
3) The transmission seems to shift differently. I'm assuming this is due to the ECU flash, and it needs to "relearn."
All normal and in my opinion correct observations. Welcome to the slippery mods slope lol.

·
Registered
454 Posts

They change the throttle mapping. You can also request for downshifts to be crisper.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
They change the throttle mapping. You can also request for downshifts to be crisper.
Oddly enough it's the up shifts, not the downs. It seems to be shifting too fast.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Oddly enough it's the up shifts, not the downs. It seems to be shifting too fast.
Does it seem to be lugging because it shifts so quickly? The TCM also has it's own behavitor that it learns from your driving style. You can reset the ECU and do an italian tune-up and see if it improves. Also, you can also ask AMS to adjust the throttle mapping again so it's not constantly wanting to shift.

Even with all the adjustments, the TCM programming for this trans is unenjoyable. For me to really enjoy the car, I keep it in manual mode and shift via paddle.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Does it seem to be lugging because it shifts so quickly? The TCM also has it's own behavitor that it learns from your driving style. You can reset the ECU and do an italian tune-up and see if it improves. Also, you can also ask AMS to adjust the throttle mapping again so it's not constantly wanting to shift.

Even with all the adjustments, the TCM programming for this trans is unenjoyable. For me to really enjoy the car, I keep it in manual mode and shift via paddle.
That's exactly what it's doing. Wouldn't an ECU flash reset it?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
354 Posts
This happens when the throttle is made more responsive. My tuner warned me about it and I am used to it now.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I guess I need to drive it more, but I spent most of the afternoon (in the cold) making it pretty. Now I don't want to get it dirty.

·
Registered
354 Posts
21 - 34 of 34 Posts