Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There's a group buy going on for the android module for the lower screen at an amazing price. At 10+ units you'll save approximately 25%!!

It's listed on the Q50 facebook page. You can head there for into or post here and I can add you to it. Info from facebook are below.

Module already sold to 10+ members (most of them from this forum) and so far it's one of their best mods for the Q50.

Any interest in a group buy for the android module? If I can get 10+ price will be 600 instead of 780. Shipping is included. Add 3.5% PayPal if not sending as gift. One of the coolest mods for the Q50 intouch/interior.

Deposit or full payment can be sent to [email protected]
Once I have deposit for 10+ units I will ship the ones paid in full.

Confirmed:
FB: Asif Chaudhry --- Deposit received.
FB: Angel Winters
FB: Christopher J. Quvus
FB: Christopher Ray
FB: Benjamin Kennedy

Interior shot

Couple of videos of how the unit works

And lots of info in this thread
http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/q50-touch/84649-q50-android-module-bottom-screen.html

·
Registered
279 Posts
Bump for a great product. You guys should really jump on it at this price. Awesome product.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Very closely considering this... few questions though.

1. How easy is it to install? Any instructions on how to install?
2. Does this void any factory warranties by installing this?
3. Will any future updates me made to this module?

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very closely considering this... few questions though.

1. How easy is it to install? Any instructions on how to install? very easy to install. Dash can be taken apart in less than 10 minutes. If you send me your email I can email you the Instructions of the dash removal.
I'm considering doing a video for the entire install but life been a little crazy lately with the wild fire we had in Alberta

2. Does this void any factory warranties by installing this? so far no one had any issues with this. Nothing can void your warranty unless they can prove it caused the OEM part to fail. Also since installation is so easy. I do recommend removing it before taking the car to dealer with any intouch related issues.

3. Will any future updates me made to this module?so far an update been released. Not sure of any others coming soon
Check answers above :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
600 is a bit steep for me right now, I've spent too much money on my home remodel :(

Moonlight Q50S and loving it!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Should be. I'll confirm all units before I ship them to you.
How many have made a deposit/bought it now, any status update?

Watched your video in the other thread you just posted and does look easy to install, but **** do I hate taking stuff apart to risk braking them. All the plastic clip undoing was making me cringe haha.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Watched your video in the other thread you just posted and does look easy to install, but **** do I hate taking stuff apart to risk braking them. All the plastic clip undoing was making me cringe haha.
I put my unit in the other day, it was straightforward. I just watched Sammy's video and that was all the instruction I needed to remove the interior trim. The clips themselves are very sturdy, I was more nervous about the thin sections of some of the trim pieces themselves.

Honestly it took me longer to plug in all the wiring harnesses to the unit while inside my house than it took me to disassemble the center console and get everything plugged in.

·
Registered
178 Posts

I put my unit in the other day, it was straightforward. I just watched Sammy's video and that was all the instruction I needed to remove the interior trim. The clips themselves are very sturdy, I was more nervous about the thin sections of some of the trim pieces themselves.

Honestly it took me longer to plug in all the wiring harnesses to the unit while inside my house than it took me to disassemble the center console and get everything plugged in.
Yeah it doesn't look hard at all really. But yeah, those thin parts will make me nervous when taking them off.

I am definitely thinking of doing this though. Intouch is useless and to be honest I rarely use the center console besides radio and climate. Honestly never use the top either because nothing beats Waze for Nav.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah it doesn't look hard at all really. But yeah, those thin parts will make me nervous when taking them off.

I am definitely thinking of doing this though. Intouch is useless and to be honest I rarely use the center console besides radio and climate. Honestly never use the top either because nothing beats Waze for Nav.
Sorry about the late reply, havent been much online lately.
To answer your question in the previous post, all units were shipped at that time. Most of them installed now and people are enjoying them.
You will not regret this module, its so amazing having something other than the useless intouch in our cars lol

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Thanks man! glad it all worked out for you :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sorry about the late reply, havent been much online lately.
To answer your question in the previous post, all units were shipped at that time. Most of them installed now and people are enjoying them.
You will not regret this module, its so amazing having something other than the useless intouch in our cars lol
Aw dang, so the group buy ended?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts