Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

Recently I have installed an Android module into my top screen, I took loads of images of getting it setup but heres what it looks like:

https://pasteboard.co/HYPqQkv.jpg (image embed feature not working for me at the moment)

Most things still work, I had to purchase a new top screen, although my Q50 is late 2015 it has a 2014 unit in (doh). I have lost some functionality but this is due to the head unit not the android module.

Things like Waze, Plex, YouTube etc work great, quality of the screen is decent too. Will upload the other pics and instructions soon!

·
Registered
680 Posts
What version of Android is it running. Is it rootable? Does it have Wi-Fi enabled? Do you have specs on the unit? Would love to try this out.

What happens to the bluetooth/in-call menus from the car, gone?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Also did you have stock navigation before this upgrade?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What version of Android is it running. Is it rootable? Does it have Wi-Fi enabled? Do you have specs on the unit? Would love to try this out.

What happens to the bluetooth/in-call menus from the car, gone?
Android version 7.0, no way I can find so far to upgrade. Not sure if it's rootable yet.

It has it's own Wi-Fi antenna as I use my mobile to hotspot to it :)

Tech specs i'll see if I can get them.

I did have stock navigation prior to the upgrade. Things that do not work:

- Front & rear parking sensors
- FM radio
- Voice Control

However my rear reversing cam still works when not on the android unit. I think most of the functions that don't work now are due to me using a US headunit as I'm UK based. Maybe then need re-enabling from a system level.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Android version 7.0, no way I can find so far to upgrade. Not sure if it's rootable yet.

- FM radio
- Voice Control

However my rear reversing cam still works when not on the android unit. I think most of the functions that don't work now are due to me using a US headunit as I'm UK based. Maybe then need re-enabling from a system level.
Aww man, parking sensors die out? That's a big no-no for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts

- FM radio
- Voice Control

However my rear reversing cam still works when not on the android unit. I think most of the functions that don't work now are due to me using a US head unit as I'm UK based. Maybe then need re-enabling from a system level.
How would you alter them from a system level? I'm also UK based and can't seem to fidn anybody to help me upgrade/mod my stock unit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anyone found any better options that doesn't delete stock car options?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Anyone found any better options that doesn't delete stock car options?
Bump. I don't yet own a Q50 but looking at a used fully-loaded with the AVM, 360 sensors, etc. I'm curious about what features would be lost if one of the screens is swapped with an Android Auto unit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts