Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've been lurking and posting here for a couple of months and I finally pulled the trigger and became a Q-50 OWNER! Thanks to everyone here on this forum for all the answers and info that helped finalize my decision and purchase!

I bought a Graphite Shadow, Stone/Maple Q-50S Hybrid (RWD) loaded with Nav & Deluxe Tech and the additional add-ons of Welcome Lighting, Ambient Lighting, & Illuminated Kick Plates. Decided against the splash guards as I think I prefer the look of NOT having them on the front. I might do the rears later on.

Here's a couple of pics - pre window tint which I had done last week. I'll post more after a good wash that is needed after this weekend's rains.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
any reason for the Q50S RWD over the AWD model?

I love that interior and exterior color combo, it looks amazing, the first shot just amazed me. Can't wait to see what it looks like with window tints.
Thanks Rayz!

Normally I'm a big fan of AWD. Just like having it in case I need it. That said, I live in Dallas-Ft.Worth and it hardly EVER snows here. I've owned a big 4x4 SUV for 15 years and I have been able to drive it in snow maybe twice during that time - and NEVER any deep snow. Dang it! So my locale played a part. And the other two factors were that I didn't want to lose the MPG for the added weight/drive-train. And then there's the additional cost. Plus in my neck-of-the-woods, AWD models are a lot more rare to find stocked or on dealer orders. And then the final deciding factor is that my wife's vehicle is AWD (a mid-size SUV). So it will still be the one we take on trips (especially with hardly any trunk space in the Q-50 Hybrid) and will use in winter weather the rare times it occurs here.

If I lived further north, and/or didn't have the wife's AWD vehicle, I would have sacrificed the MPG and paid the additional $$. But then this baby is trouble already as it doesn't seem like it is really moving until you're over 80 mph! It would be doubly-dangerous to feel more invincible with AWD! :D

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Congrats! Nice color choice.

Reactions: ronshock

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Congrats!!!!:D

Reactions: ronshock

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats thats one of the nicest colors for the Q50.

what camera did you use to cpature the photos?
Thanks!

Believe it or not, that's just from the camera in my old iPhone 4S.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the new improved camera in the 5S will do, but I just haven't got around to taking the upgrade plunge as yet - too busy jumping into Q-50S buying pool I guess. ;)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks Rayz!

Normally I'm a big fan of AWD. Just like having it in case I need it. That said, I live in Dallas-Ft.Worth and it hardly EVER snows here. I've owned a big 4x4 SUV for 15 years and I have been able to drive it in snow maybe twice during that time - and NEVER any deep snow. Dang it! So my locale played a part. And the other two factors were that I didn't want to lose the MPG for the added weight/drive-train. And then there's the additional cost. Plus in my neck-of-the-woods, AWD models are a lot more rare to find stocked or on dealer orders. And then the final deciding factor is that my wife's vehicle is AWD (a mid-size SUV). So it will still be the one we take on trips (especially with hardly any trunk space in the Q-50 Hybrid) and will use in winter weather the rare times it occurs here.

If I lived further north, and/or didn't have the wife's AWD vehicle, I would have sacrificed the MPG and paid the additional $$. But then this baby is trouble already as it doesn't seem like it is really moving until you're over 80 mph! It would be doubly-dangerous to feel more invincible with AWD! :D
Fair enough. Even living in the bada$$ state of Texas i would still want AWD for the performance although with that comes a lower MPG. At least with RWD, when you want to get fun, you can let the tail swing out :D

Hope you enjoy your Q50.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks great. The front end is looking pretty aggressive and the rims are looking choice as well. Congrats on the buy.

Are you planning any other changes to the car or are you content?
Thanks Heizenberg!

I'm fairly content with the car as stocked. As I indicated I just had the windows tinted.

Next will be the "Hide-a-Plate" (manual version just ordered from Amazon) for the front license plate (don't want to drill into the front anywhere that shows) that Texas requires.

Then I'm sure I'll buy a radar detector and do the mirror tap/mount. This car makes it way to easy to go fast and will get me a ticket for sure at some point. Hopefully with an RD I can limit those to just one or two over the next 5-6 years! ;)

And at some point I'd like to change the Run Flat's to a smoother riding tire. But since I bought it, I've been pleasantly surprised at how smooth mine rides. It isn't near as rough as I thought it was from my various test drives. Maybe I'm just use to it now. Lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.