Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the newest software.

I was complaining about how the clock is a useless app because it never starts right away.

Well instead of complaining I went looking for a solution, and apparently it's SUPPOSED to start if you want it to.

If you go to App Garage > App Garage Settings > Auto Start Apps (I think)

You can choose the clock, and it pops up with a notification once you turn it on saying something like "Are you sure you want the clock to start when the system starts" and I hit "yes" (or OK, I forget).

Needless to say the clock doesn't start up as it's supposed to, or else I wouldn't have created this thread.

It's also a bummer you can't replace the icons on the FIRST screen with the clock or something. Frankly I don't use the Infiniti Connection or Information buttons.

Maybe someone will eventually hack it or something?

PS - this by no means changes my love for this car.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

I can post a video if it's confusing

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The clock looks crappy. Why would you even wants to use it.
They need to make the clock looks like a Rolex or something nicer.
If it doesn't auto start, then it is a bug. Report that to Infiniti. I'm sure it is an easy fix for them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was mainly testing out the functionality of an app starting up with the car start.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I didn't find anything useful in the app start.
It just has a clock and maintenance reminder.
They could definately fill that out with more stuff if they get it working.

The NAV screen always has a clock on so having the clock start on the lower screen is not adding much for me.

In the non nav do you get any of the stuff listed below in the top screen??
All the dealers had when I was dealer shopping were cars with NAV.
I never got to see a non NAV Q.

NAV screen has

• a clock (see upper right hand corner)
  • the climate control settings at the bottom of the nav screen
  • music source + info. Like your current radio station is displayed for example
  • your heated seat setting if you touch the heated seat button
  • your phone status
  • Maybe more? Not sure if I'm missing anything.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was referring to the future. Like if, for sample, the Facebook app ever gets released. Could I always have it start with that. Or Google.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I was referring to the future. Like if, for sample, the Facebook app ever gets released. Could I always have it start with that. Or Google.
Yeah that startup stuff could be useful.
Just needs more apps added.
It's kind of "empty" for me in terms of the offering it has right now. :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.