Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Another lurker arriving

6K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  selzini 
Just saying hello. I've been following the forums for a while and thought I would join in. It's been an impressive source of information and I've learned a lot. I also appreciate the candid dealer feedback from people like Sinecure and Nick.

I must admit the discussion has been highly entertaining at times. :)

Here's my probable configuration:

- Premium RWD
- Navigation
- Spare
- Leather
- Deluxe Touring
- Technology

I'm not sure yet on the color. Thought I would get Infiniti Chick's assistance on figuring that out. ;)

It's possible I could go for the hybrid. It certainly is attractive, but I also want the fold down rear seats. Plus I'm afraid the hybrid trunk would be too small after I add the spare. I want the spare so I can go with non-RF tires after the originals wear out.

I'm a buy and hold person. I don't do leasing and I pay cash. I got the impression I'm in the distinct minority in that regard.

I was looking for a fun, yet practical car. From my looking at it on paper, the Q50 looks closest to my ideals. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it reviewed and trying it out myself. The last Infiniti we had was a while back. My wife had a G20 and thoroughly enjoyed it. It certainly has changed a lot since then.

Nick - I was hoping to stop by your dealership this weekend, but the last I checked you didn't have any Q50s and of course this software update has everything at a standstill. I'll be watching the status and dropping by when you get some drive-able inventory. BTW, I checked a dealer rating web site and it rated your dealership Texas Dealer of the Year for 2012 and 2013. Congrats and that's why I was planning to check you guys out.
Watch my posts, because I'll post when west side infiniti gets the first batch of q50s in....Nick is my salesman and he's great. And you need to get the hybrid :)

For me the hybrid is tradeoff between performance and functionality. It's impressive to be able to get that level of performance with that kind of gas mileage, but I know I won't even notice the difference to my bank account. That's why I am currently favoring the non-hybrid.

Good to know you are trying out Nick's dealership. Maybe if he gets a couple of deals off of this forum his boss won't be quite as upset at all the time he is spending on the internet. :)

Have you asked him if you can get yours in maroon?
Haha wouldn't that be nice!

I guess if you really need the extra trunk space, the hybrid isn't the best option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.