Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
This is one of the features I REALLY like about the tech safety system. I've been in this situation too many times. My wife once had a truck that was in front of her dart into the next lane only to reveal a stalled vehicle in the lane. She had no chance to brake in time and only managed to avoid it through a miraculous avoidance maneuver.

I'm looking forward to having help staying whole out on the road. :)

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
This is one of the features I REALLY like about the tech safety system. I've been in this situation too many times. My wife once had a truck that was in front of her dart into the next lane only to reveal a stalled vehicle in the lane. She had no chance to brake in time and only managed to avoid it through a miraculous avoidance maneuver.

I'm looking forward to having help staying whole out on the road. :)
I HATE!!!!! When people do that!!! Especially a truck (Pretty popular here in Houston) or if they have time and room to stop. I take it as a VERY selfish move and it has happened to me plenty of times. Luckily i have had enough time to stop and to warn the cars behind me.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
The forward emergency braking system works when the system senses that Q50 is too close to vehicle in front. It issues warnings and applies hard brakes if the driver ignores the warning or does not react fast enough, see details in section 5-89 of the OM. The commercial is a bit more dramatic but gets the point across.
The approach warning chime may sound and the driver assist system forward indicator (orange) may blink when the radar sensor detects objects on the side of the vehicle *A or on the side of the road *A . This may cause the DCA system to decelerate or accelerate the vehicle. The radar sensor may detect these objects when the vehicle is driven on winding roads, narrow roads, hilly roads or when entering or exiting a curve. In these cases you will have to manually control the proper distance ahead of your vehicle.
5-94
The predictive forward collision warning system can help alert the driver when there is a sudden braking of a second vehicle traveling in front of the vehicle ahead in the traveling same lane.

·
Registered
585 Posts
It shoots a radar on the road below the car in front of you, and signal bounces off the road surface and hits the car in front of that.
I wonder if we can substitute a laser for the radar and obliterate the car going too slow two cars ahead...maybe next version.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I actually got to experience this feature IRL. Car in front of us (car 2) was tailgating guy in front of him (car1). Car 1 decides to "brake check" the tailgater (car 2). Our loaded Q50 starts applying brake before Car 2 even lights his brake lights. I was impressed.

And yes, it uses radar - I wonder if we'll be setting off other cars' radar detectors?

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
And yes, it uses radar - I wonder if we'll be setting off other cars' radar detectors?
Now, that would be a riot. As I've said in a past post, I was almost killed because of three radar detectors, and those with radar detectors are stating that they believe it's all right to have tools that are used to break the law. I wonder how they would vote on a jury if a defendant was charged with just possessing burglar tools.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Regardless of personal feelings, understand that in accordance with the Communications Act of 1934, radar/laser detectors are LEGAL in 49 of 50 states. As such, those who choose to use one (myself included) should not be chastised for exercising this right. No debate intended; just stating the facts.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Wow! Didn't realize ol' Virginia was the only state where they are illegal.
Yep, just one state--if someone ever challenged it in federal court, then the law would be easily overturned. DC also bans them. The Federal Communications Act of 1934 entitles citizens to the to right to listen to any radio frequency, provided it does not have privileged information. Radar does provide privileged info, and it is a radio frequency. It's a BS law that wouldn't stand up to the supreme court. Thankfully, I don't live in VA.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.