Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
According to the manual, in addition to the windows being opened with the key fob, the moonroof will open as well.
This has been Infiniti's feature since 2009 so you can let the hot air/smell out :pbut can't close them from key or fob ;)

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Here's a real new feature:NAVI Shift Control (if so equipped)
NAVI Shift Control automatically adjusts the Automatic Transmission (AT) gear position in certain situations based on road information from the navigation system. When the navigation system detects that the vehicle is approaching a curved road, NAVI Shift Control will adjust the gear position if needed to help the driver run through the curve smoothly.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
NAVI Shift Control automatically adjusts the Automatic Transmission (AT) gear position in certain situations based on road information from the navigation system. When the navigation system detects that the vehicle is approaching a curved road, NAVI Shift Control will adjust the gear position if needed to help the driver run through the curve smoothly.
Yeah, this has been brought up a while back. :)

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Sounds awesome. Eager to see how it works.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Navi shift only works if you have a destination programmed.

CVIPGO is wrong. This feature did not exist in previous models. If you pressed and held the unlock button on the remote, it would roll down the windows - but not the sunroof. And you COULD close the windows with the key - but not the keyfob.

Same on the Q50, holding down the unlock button on the fob will roll down all the windows and open the sunroof. If you remove the key blade from the fob and use that to lock the door, holding it to the right will roll up all the windows (but will not close the sunroof).

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts

CVIPGO is wrong. This feature did not exist in previous models. If you pressed and held the unlock button on the remote, it would roll down the windows - but not the sunroof. And you COULD close the windows with the key - but not the keyfob.

Same on the Q50, holding down the unlock button on the fob will roll down all the windows and open the sunroof. If you remove the key blade from the fob and use that to lock the door, holding it to the right will roll up all the windows (but will not close the sunroof).
Good info as always man! Thanks! :)

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzini
According to the manual, in addition to the windows being opened with the key fob, the moonroof will open as well.

This has been Infiniti's feature since 2009 so you can let the hot air/smell out :pbut can't close them from key or fob ;)
Window roll down has been there for a while.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
:pbut can't close them from key or fob ;)
That's not true on the G. That's what I was trying to say. You can't close it from the fob, but you can close them with the key. Put the key blade in the lock, turn it to the right and hold it there, and all the windows will roll up.

Reactions: Infiniti Chick

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
just to un-confuse the readers- on Q50
1) windows can be opened and closed with the car key, can only be opened with key FOB.
2) Sunroof can be opened only with Key FOB.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Afrosheen - You said you happened to notice the NaviShift Control working? Can you elaborate please? I sense this is another feature from Infiniti that is pretty useless where you can't really notice the difference...

According to the manual:

The NAVI Shift Control may be delayed or not operate properly in the following situations, because this function uses the road information provided by the navigation system.
  • When the navigation system cannot accurately detect the location of the vehicle
  • When the vehicle is driving on a roadway that is not recognized by
    the navigation system
  • When the vehicle is driving on a roadway that is not recognized by
    the navigation system

The NAVI Shift Control may not operate properly in the following situations:
[*] If the vehicle’s transmission, engine, and/or navigation system, and/or
GPS is malfunctioning (see image for there rest)

So when does it actually work lol..

It works, it's on by default in Navigation-equipped models and I caught it doing its business during my test drive today.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I never knew about this!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Probably because it can't be tested to see if it works lol same with active noise control lo

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
444 Posts
I was informed of a new feature when I picked up my car yesterday.

Dealer informed me all Q50s get locking wheel nuts now. No need to purchase. I have them free of charge! Woot!

Reactions: hunter81
1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.