Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50s
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm going to be getting dyno'd soon by Specialty Z, here in Socal. I'm curious to everyones input as to what numbers I should realistically see as far as (WHP/CRANK) and torque of course. Forgot to mention I will be doing a 91 tune and E30 tune.

Current mods are are BMS HX, AMS LDPS, FI CBE 10" Resonated, AMS Flex fuel Kit, AMS intake, AMS fuel filter, AMS LPFP, ADD W1 OCC, and HKS BOV, oh and wheels are Indy Firehawks.

I know the weather has part in the numbers, so im getting dyno'd mid OCT. Thanks for yall input!

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,680 Posts
Here's the cliché answer. On 91 Octane: 425 WHP; 450 WTQ.

Good luck! Let us know!

·
Registered
2018 Q50s
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey whats up guys! So I finally got tuned yesterday @ Specialty Z. Gotta admit the experience was very cool non the less. I'm happy to share my final numbers, I ended up getting tuned on 91 and E30. Lmk yall thoughts :)

E30 Tune
Rectangle Font Handwriting Parallel Display device

91 Tune
Rectangle Font Handwriting Electronic device Display device

·
Registered
745 Posts
I would not suggest running around on the E30 all the time. Boost at higher rpm is too high for longevity. That boost level puts the turbo completely off of it's compressor map at 5,000rpm.

Also, the graph looks a little jagged 4,500+ on all the runs except the stock run. Maybe smoothing isn't set at +5? Not sure how hard the timing is being pushed but maybe check knock counters and even if they show up ok, maybe knock the timing back or drop boost slightly.

Either way, don't run that E30 tune (hard) all the time of you will kill the turbos. It won't blow up in a day or anything but that power is a big ask from those tiny turbos and they're making a TON of heat.

·
Registered
2018 Q50s
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would not suggest running around on the E30 all the time. Boost at higher rpm is too high for longevity. That boost level puts the turbo completely off of it's compressor map at 5,000rpm.

Also, the graph looks a little jagged 4,500+ on all the runs except the stock run. Maybe smoothing isn't set at +5? Not sure how hard the timing is being pushed but maybe check knock counters and even if they show up ok, maybe knock the timing back or drop boost slightly.

Either way, don't run that E30 tune (hard) all the time of you will kill the turbos. It won't blow up in a day or anything but that power is a big ask from those tiny turbos and they're making a TON of heat.
thank you for the response, I appreciate the info! I did notice that when I was looking at the pulls, Seb said it was pulling a lot of timing in the higher numbers. So he was trying to smooth it out. Cause the boost had peaked at 22 before and he said there was def knock and had lowered the boost. Yeah, I dont plan on running E30 as a daily. I'm only planning to run it when I head out to car meets or the drag, just to hand out the sauce :). I will def only run my 91 map as a daily. TBH its sounds maybe stupid, but I want an excuse to upgrade my turbos lol :)

·
Super Moderator
3,655 Posts
Here's the cliché answer. On 91 Octane: 425 WHP; 450 WTQ.
With his cliche answer, Tater wins the "Can you guess my dyno #'s" game:
Product Rectangle Font Technology Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2018 Q50s
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reactions: IridiumRS400

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,680 Posts
With his cliche answer, Tater wins the "Can you guess my dyno #'s" game:
View attachment 103771
Lol. I wouldn't even have thought to commend myself if you didn't bring it up. But, I can't really commend myself, it's all there in the searching/history/pattern.

Congrats SLW.

Enjoy!

Reactions: SLWQ50_

·
Registered
2018 Q50s
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol. I wouldn't even have thought to commend myself if you didn't bring it up. But, I can't really commend myself, it's all there in the searching/history/pattern.

Congrats SLW.

Enjoy!
thanks tater!

Reactions: ptatohed
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.