Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any ideas on how to protect new headlights from that inevitable yellowing from UV exposure and oxidation? I have tried looking everywhere, but the other car forums didn't have anything useful. Would much appreciate finding out anything that can help or eliminate this. My G37S was 5.5 years old when I got the Q50. Unfortunately I was run off the road in it and hopped a curb at 30 miles an hour which destroyed the suspension. It was totaled. Before that though, it looked almost brand new except for the beginnings of yellowing/oxidation of the headlights. I think I can do better with the Q50.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Does anyone have any ideas on how to protect new headlights from that inevitable yellowing from UV exposure and oxidation? I have tried looking everywhere, but the other car forums didn't have anything useful. Would much appreciate finding out anything that can help or eliminate this. My G37S was 5.5 years old when I got the Q50. Unfortunately I was run off the road in it and hopped a curb at 30 miles an hour which destroyed the suspension. It was totaled. Before that though, it looked almost brand new except for the beginnings of yellowing/oxidation of the headlights. I think I can do better with the Q50.
xpel clear film

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Clear armor. I've seen some headlight ones that are pre-cut so you can pretty easily do it yourself. Plus they're thicker so give great protection. I had them on my 10 year-old MDX and still pretty clear.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys!

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I have clear film (3m, xpel) on all my Infinities.. on my 03 G35 coupe the film lasted 10 yrs before I took it off and sold the car (for Q50) with brand new looking head lights.

Reactions: afrosheen

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
personally i'd just leave it, when time comes and my headlights do oxidize, i'll polish it out. Plastidipping headlights just seem like a terrible idea.

Reactions: toinfiniti

·
Registered
395 Posts
Clear Plastic Liquid Armor by Diamondite. Find it on amazon.com for a couple of bucks. It works. Used on my 10 yr old g35 headlights.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.