Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for pictures of the Malbec Black on any Infiniti. Basically would like to see the car in sunlight (purple hue visible) and in light where the black is visible. I never considered this color option on the Q50 but someone suggested it since I'm struggling on making a color decision. So I'm now trying to get a good idea of the look. Thanks! :D

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
I would love to see that too. I've never seen a G or M in that color on a lot or on the road.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Our very own Simpsontide has a Malbec Black G37 actually!

Reactions: SimpsonTide985

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Found from one of his posts:

Reactions: Infiniti Chick

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
I think the Q would look great in that color, wonder why my dealer has never had any cars in that color.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found from one of his posts:

Thanks Gbert! I saw that earlier today as well....intrigued me. But would love to see it looking black as well. I want to see how black it looks when it looks black.

Ben, I think it isn't a common selection so they may not have any for a while except orders. Just an assumption.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I think the Q would look great in that color, wonder why my dealer has never had any cars in that color.
Yea, so thats why I suggested it to infiniti chick! She says she appreciates the look of black and she has different highlights to her hair, including purple! Putting all those info together, I think this might be a suitable color for her and I would definitely want to see a Q50 with this color as well! :D

Reactions: Infiniti Chick

·
Registered
396 Posts
I am looking for pictures of the Malbec Black on any Infiniti. Basically would like to see the car in sunlight (purple hue visible) and in light where the black is visible. I never considered this color option on the Q50 but someone suggested it since I'm struggling on making a color decision. So I'm now trying to get a good idea of the look. Thanks! :D
Me 3! Have asked this before on the forum but so far I haven't seen any photo. :(. I thought it was such a wonderful color but not many people are ordering it, it seems... . ?? :confused: Oh well, at least I will totally enjoy it!

When I was preordering, the dealer showed me one Malbec Black (M?G?) on the lot. She said it will b same for Q50. It was BEAUTIFUL! Subtle, unique and very elegant! You do need a good lighting (or sun) to see the purple hue. It will be my Q50! :p I think it's beauty will be worth of my effort of keeping it clean... :)

I will post pic of mine in mid July after it arrives. But you can ask your dealer if they have that color on the lot. It's always better to see the color in person!

Good luck with your color hunting. I think it will be a hard decision! :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am now leaning toward black after checking out cars on the road for the past few days. Black luxury cars always look sharp, although do show dirt, and I think white,is becoming the new black in luxury cars but I'm not there yet. I saw a dark gray Mercedes next to a black one today and I imagined the black Q50 next to a Graphite Shadow....black wins as far as it looking luxury. I think the light color options (Silvers and grays) are better for the Sports. Still not sure I want to go red because I have a love/hate for red cars. Too many people choose red (or forms of red) that look tore up from the floor up. I think it is better suited for the Sports as well....but could depend on the depth of the red color. Soooo at this point I have black and Malbec black as options. I still want to see what the Chestnut Bronze looks like but it would have to be a really cool shade of brown for me to buy a brown car.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Malbec Black is nice color and it gives different color hues in different light, this what I preordered with grey/maple interior. Go for it. This color first was introduced on the Infiniti convertibles. To appreciate this color's charm you have to see it in person.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Thanks Gbert! I saw that earlier today as well....intrigued me. But would love to see it looking black as well. I want to see how black it looks when it looks black.

Ben, I think it isn't a common selection so they may not have any for a while except orders. Just an assumption.
You're welcome! Here are some vids that might help:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I am now leaning toward black after checking out cars on the road for the past few days. Black luxury cars always look sharp, although do show dirt, and I think white,is becoming the new black in luxury cars but I'm not there yet. I saw a dark gray Mercedes next to a black one today and I imagined the black Q50 next to a Graphite Shadow....black wins as far as it looking luxury. I think the light color options (Silvers and grays) are better for the Sports. Still not sure I want to go red because I have a love/hate for red cars. Too many people choose red (or forms of red) that look tore up from the floor up. I think it is better suited for the Sports as well....but could depend on the depth of the red color. Soooo at this point I have black and Malbec black as options. I still want to see what the Chestnut Bronze looks like but it would have to be a really cool shade of brown for me to buy a brown car.
Check on the Chestnut Brinze pic thread! Sinsecure posted one they had on their lot!

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea, so thats why I suggested it to infiniti chick! She says she appreciates the look of black and she has different highlights to her hair, including purple! Putting all those info together, I think this might be a suitable color for her and I would definitely want to see a Q50 with this color as well! :D
Haha...true it would match my hair. Well right now at least. But you've got a great point. May just be the color for me!!!

TT, I HOPE to have mine ordered by the time you get yours but please post anyway! Unfortunately the childish sales reps locally will not even return my emails so I will be driving 2 1/2 hours each way next weekend to check out the colors and test drive the Q50 elsewhere...and buying from yet a third dealership (80 miles away but in another state...they don't have any Q50's yet so can't go there for the test drive).

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Check on the Chestnut Brinze pic thread! Sinsecure posted one they had on their lot!
I saw it and thought it was beautiful but like all the Q50 pictures, you just aren't sure what it will look like in person. Scared to get it if I can't see in person first. But thank you for the head's up!

·
Registered
396 Posts
TT, I HOPE to have mine ordered by the time you get yours but please post anyway! Unfortunately the childish sales reps locally will not even return my emails so I will be driving 2 1/2 hours each way next weekend to check out the colors and test drive the Q50 elsewhere...and buying from yet a third dealership (80 miles away but in another state...they don't have any Q50's yet so can't go there for the test drive).
Wow, talking about determination, girl! GOOD FOR YOU! :)

Gbert, thanks for the videos! You sure are THE Video-master!!

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the videos!! Those helped a lot!!!! It is very subtle. I can see why it was introduced with the coupe convertible. Probably looks bad arse with a sup'd up ride. I do,think it could be subtle enough to still have the appearance of luxury...with an edge. That's how I describe myself too. Hahahahahahaha ugh Thanks again!

Reactions: gbert15

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Am I the only one that wants to see a picture of Infiniti Chick next to her car in a bikini? Who doesn't love a woman into cars!

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Am I the only one that wants to see a picture of Infiniti Chick next to her car in a bikini? Who doesn't love a woman into cars!
Hahahaha....believe me, you don't. Not until all you guys post yourselves in Speedos with your new Q50! Ummm and then it still won't happen. Ha I MAY post a regular photo next to my name though.......maybe.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
But I do love cars. I helped my ex rebuild a 1968'El Camino. We were going to rebuild a 1958 Corvette that I wanted but all kinda went out the window when I divorced him. Go figure!! Ha

Reactions: gbert15

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
If that happens what you would see in the bottom is:

"You and 480 others like this."

Hahaha! :D

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.