Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
Wondering if any data is out yet of the number of Q50 sold in Aug and Sep ?
and comparison with competition ?

I live in Northern Virginia (Drive in Ashburn, Leesburg, Chantilly, Dulles... areas) and I am yet to see a Q50 on the road. The only thing I get from the Infiniti of Chantilly folks is "yes, I sold that red one which you saw in the showroom" stuff.

Whats the deal, why are sales soooo slow ?

I have been eyeing the release of Q50 for an year and just unable to go buy one now to replace my '98 accord. Is it due to same engine and G37 still being produced and sold and folks getting good deals. I didn't but G37 last year due to no back legroom which they have surely solved in Q50.

Need to decide if I buy now this month end or just wait for March-April when 6-7 months go buy of its release by which all Intouch bugs would have been resolved and dealers willing to negotiate below MSRP. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Um...Yes. Sales numbers have been out and on here.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Folks,
Wondering if any data is out yet of the number of Q50 sold in Aug and Sep ?
and comparison with competition ?

I live in Northern Virginia (Drive in Ashburn, Leesburg, Chantilly, Dulles... areas) and I am yet to see a Q50 on the road. The only thing I get from the Infiniti of Chantilly folks is "yes, I sold that red one which you saw in the showroom" stuff.

Whats the deal, why are sales soooo slow ?

I have been eyeing the release of Q50 for an year and just unable to go buy one now to replace my '98 accord. Is it due to same engine and G37 still being produced and sold and folks getting good deals. I didn't but G37 last year due to no back legroom which they have surely solved in Q50.

Need to decide if I buy now this month end or just wait for March-April when 6-7 months go buy of its release by which all Intouch bugs would have been resolved and dealers willing to negotiate below MSRP. Thanks.
I purchased mine from tysons corner and frantically just didn't have the color I wanted let alone their horrible service. I know tysons sold about 10 in the last month, as sales are ramping up slowly but surely.

I've seen only 1 in the area, in the last month.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any other Q50 buyers in Northern Virginia ? and from which Dealer ?

Yes, I did the search and found out 2434 sales in Aug and 2367 in Sep, totalling 4801 till Oct 1, 2013. G37 in Sep 2013 sold 1777, compared to 2807 in Sep 2012.

I might just wait for few months in hope of a year end lucrative deal from one of these NoVa dealers. Bye-bye Apple gift-card !

·
Registered
59 Posts
If these numbers stay steady Infiniti is going to be facing half the total sales the G brought in on an annual basis which I believe to be somewhere around 55,000 to 65,000. I am glad I leased a 2013 G37x S considering all of the issues the Q50 has had.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just amazing - I still haven't seen a single Q50 on the road in the Northern Virginia region. I work just 1 mile from one of the dealers and frequent to the nearby restaurants for lunch - still - NONE.

I wonder if majority who own Q50 to date still will heavily recommend to those like me waiting to take the plunge to buy now ? Seeking a simple AWD Premium with Navigation.

Too many threads in this forum highlighting all the negative issues owners continue to witness....intouch lockup, steering wheel lockups....one about call from Infiniti Consumer affairs telling not to drive the car....etc etc.

Have eyed the Q50 for a long time....rejected G37 last year due to back legroom as my kids are getting tall and Q50 has solved that problem....now can't decide to buy now or totally ditch Q50 altogether. Can't continue to wait more...now for the 2015 model where they would typically resolve these big issues. Also, can't afford to buy this now and in 6 months find out Q50 got quietly sidelined by Infiniti like the G25 they strategically released !

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I wouldn't look at it too harshly. It takes a little bit of time.

I mean, there have been a lot of highly praised or excitable cars out there in this segment and I haven't seen many of those out on the road either.

Namely the ATS, which is already in its second model year and I've probably only seen two of them down here. I've only seen two of the 2014 Lexus IS's as well.

If you live in a town with 500,00+ citizens, you can do the math in your head and realize that you'd need to have a significant amount of Q50 owners in your area in order for you to "run into" one just on a weekly basis.

·
Registered
252 Posts
No, just a lot of stuck ups who believe an European car is superior to any other, and shall only be seen driving in one of them.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Come to south Florida, I see at least 5 CLAs a day in my 1 hour comute.
Most of them driven by older (65+) folks. I thought it was marketed to younger buyers.
Well, I think the goal was to market towards both demographics, which is interesting to note as the younger buyers are probably more likely NOT to get a CLA and just call it "underpowered"--and are more likely to wait for the CLA45. The old folks, in my estimation, care more about looks, comfort, and prestige over raw power in general...and of course, getting a good deal, which the CLA may provide. :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Haven't seen any Q50's at all in the past month, which is when I started looking, though I see quite a bit of G37's. I don't think I'll see a Q50 anytime soon as the dealership I purchased my Q50 from (the only anywhere close to my house) relocated to a totally different area of the city and I don't think too many people from my area will drive to their new location to purchase an Infiniti ...thus I'll be the only one driving one here for quite a long time (which I like)

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
I've only seen one Q50 on the road out here in the past 3 months in silicon valley / SF bay area. I see 3-4 teslas a day, ton of audis and bimmers. I enjoy having a car people don't easily recognize, though. Let's see how long it lasts!

·
Registered
853 Posts
I think it depends on which part of South Florida. I haven't seen a single CLA yet.

As for the original poster asking about rear leg room, you might want to sit in the Q50, I think the rear leg room is non-existent in the car.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I've seen about 3 2014 IS350 Fsports so far. Zero Q50's.

It's nice to drive something exclusive. Not sure how this will last.

It's not a popular car to be honest. Look at the 2002-2003 G35 Coupe when it was first released. The first month it was available I saw one almost every day on the street.

If Infiniti does it right with the Q60 coupe refresh, it will probably be another bestseller. The G37 coupe isn't as popular as the G35 coupe.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.