Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
‘14 AWD S 3.7 | FI RHFC | Gemini Invidia CBE | Specialty Z tuned (ecutek)
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve noticed more than plenty of negative experiences after installing remote starters; mostly electrical issues.

has anyone found a good aftermarket remote starter that didn’t cause ANY problems at all?

thanks

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
5,608 Posts
I’ve noticed more than plenty of negative experiences after installing remote starters; mostly electrical issues.

has anyone found a good aftermarket remote starter that didn’t cause ANY problems at all?

thanks
Had an AstroStart installed on our '02 Outback by an authorized dealer, and the only issues were a pin switch (monitors if hood is open or shut) had to be replaced and a remote had an antenna (little stubby one) break off. Starter and wiring was rock solid until my stepdaughter got rid of the car 17 years later. Had an OEM Ford kit put in my mother-in-law's '10 Escape - the dealer used an aftermarket electronics shop for the install, and we had no issues for the 5 years that car was in my life.

I'm not so sure I would be so quick to get one installed on a late model car that has such complicated electrical systems as new cars have. My first choice would be an OEM kit even if I were giving up a lot of cool features which you will undoubtedly do. And don't install it yourself.

·
Registered
174 Posts

thanks
The OEM one is like $200. I’d go with that

Reactions: xBlitzkriegx

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 Premium AWD (w/Bose & Nav)
99 Posts
Q50s all have remote start, just need the correct key fob. There is a thread on this forum with info and correct part numbers. If you buy one, a dealer or locksmith can program it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts