Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found in the Documentation sticky/thread Q50 manuals (both Hybrid & gasser), a Quick Start Guide, a Nav manual, and some others. But I don't see that anyone has posted the "Infiniti Service & Maintenance Schedule" that is discussed in the regular Owners Manual.

In section 8-2 under "Scheduled Maintenance" it says:
"For your convenience, both required and
optional scheduled maintenance items are
described and listed in your “INFINITI
Service and Maintenance Guide”. You must
refer to that guide to ensure that necessary
maintenance is performed on your vehicle
at regular intervals."

I was wanting to see what Infiniti outlines as scheduled maintenance on the Q50 over the first few years.

Thanks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Zookeeper!

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I found in the Documentation sticky/thread Q50 manuals (both Hybrid & gasser), a Quick Start Guide, a Nav manual, and some others. But I don't see that anyone has posted the "Infiniti Service & Maintenance Schedule" that is discussed in the regular Owners Manual.

In section 8-2 under "Scheduled Maintenance" it says:
"For your convenience, both required and
optional scheduled maintenance items are
described and listed in your “INFINITI
Service and Maintenance Guide”. You must
refer to that guide to ensure that necessary
maintenance is performed on your vehicle
at regular intervals."

I was wanting to see what Infiniti outlines as scheduled maintenance on the Q50 over the first few years.

Thanks.
https://owners.infinitiusa.com/cont...4/2014-infiniti-service-maintenance-guide.pdf

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Had a few questions if anyone knows?

1) Why does the brake fluid have to be replaced every 20,000 miles?

2) Does the transmission fluid never have to be changed? I don't see if on any scheduled maintenance.

3) Does the coolant never need to be changed? Don't see that one either?

I see they have an "optional" maintenance schedule that does have the transmission fluid change.
What does that mean exactly?
You may "optionally" choose to pay more for maintenance (sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm)?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,052 Posts

2) Does the transmission fluid never have to be changed? I don't see if on any scheduled maintenance.

I see they have an "optional" maintenance schedule that does have the transmission fluid change.
What does that mean exactly?
You may "optionally" choose to pay more for maintenance (sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm)?? :rolleyes:
Thanks for the "catch" about the brake fluid. I hadn't seen that when I looked through my maintenance schedule. Good question. My guess is that it breaks down more easily in the hybrid because of the regenerative brakes. Or is there the same requirement for the gasser as well?

I did see the other two points, and asked about them. I've forgotten what was said. I still wonder why the 7-speed transmission is exempt from fluid changing, and it amazes me that coolant never has to be changed. That just doesn't make sense. Maybe the techies on the forum can answer?

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
The maintenance schedule is unusual. The requirement to change the brake fluid is not associated with the regenerative braking though. Regenerative braking has no impact on the hydraulic friction brakes except to reduce the amount of wear on them. This is because regenerative braking is just like engine braking except that the electric motor is turned into a generator supplying power to the battery.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Didn't know about the 20k miles brake fluid change. Thanks for pointing that out.
As for the transmission fluid, I'll change it at around 50K miles. Even thought it say lifetime of the vehicle. But, lifetime to me is of course the end of the warranty of your vehicle. I'll change it just to be on the safe side.
As for the coolant, I'll flush it probably around 90k Miles.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I think it was a 2014 generic maintanence schedule for all infinities wasn't it?
The Q50 manual said go see that maintenance schedule.

So to me anyway it looks like they recommend the 20K/40K/60K/80K/100K brake fluid change for all their cars.

Maybe they are using a more custom brake fluid now?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
With ABS brake, the recommend is 18 months or 20K miles. This applied to any brand of car, I think.
It's just recommend, you don't have to do it. If I am leasing, I wouldn't worried about it. Since mine is purchase and hoping to keep it as long as I can, I'll just have it flush in 20K interval. If money can buy a peace of mind, it's well spend, IMO. I'll let my local mechanic do it. Not going to pay a premium price from the stealership. Brake fluid is easy to flush, you probably can do it yourself.

I think it was a 2014 generic maintanence schedule for all infinities wasn't it?
The Q50 manual said go see that maintenance schedule.

So to me anyway it looks like they recommend the 20K/40K/60K/80K/100K brake fluid change for all their cars.

Maybe they are using a more custom brake fluid now?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.