Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has gotten their windshield tinted with a clear tint yet. I asked a tint shop if they would be able to do it but they told me that if they review mirror was too difficult to remove then they wouldn't do it. I can understand that because of all the technology associated with the rear view mirror on the Q50.

I'd really like to get some clear tint to keep out some extra heat because here in south Alabama, summer and even fall can be brutal with the heat.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Windshield covers are much better, it will do a better job at stopping the sun from damaging your leather interior.
It's not just for when my car is sitting still. It's also for when my car is driving directly into the sun, the heat can get pretty intense down here still.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought that it was illegal to tint your windshield because then cops can't see you through it. Can you get it tinted without reducing visibility through it from the outside?
There are clear tints available that block heat but not visible light, so cops wouldn't see a difference in the front windshield. I think Llumar makes one that blocks 46 percent of radiant heat but is clear.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Yeah, it's called Air Blue 80.

There are clear tints available that block heat but not visible light, so cops wouldn't see a difference in the front windshield. I think Llumar makes one that blocks 46 percent of radiant heat but is clear.

Reactions: Soon2Q50

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have gotten my front windshield tinted with the clear tint. The tint shop I went to said that it was just one main bolt to remove the mirror camera unit. They said it was easy. I have had no problems with it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah, it's called Air Blue 80.
I have Air Blue 80 on my car. It is not quite clear but it is pretty close. It cuts down on heat and glare from on-coming headlights at night which for me can trigger migraines. I will get the same on my next car. I've had it inspected twice since installed and no problem except the cut the tint removing the old sticker.

I have gotten my front windshield tinted with the clear tint. The tint shop I went to said that it was just one main bolt to remove the mirror camera unit. They said it was easy. I have had no problems with it.

My installer just cut around my mirror, no problem.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the responses guys!

So you haven't had any problems with any of the sensors and things since then? That was the main thing I was worried if they tinted the entire window vs. cutting around the camera sensors.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.