Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Dang, nice. I get 25 - 27 every single tank. I have never experienced anything in the 30s, let alone 40s.
What model/trim do you have? How fast did you go? Cruise control? Any mods that would aid with MPG?
What the heck is a motorway? ;)

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
He's probably in England and has a 2.0T motor.

·
Registered
860 Posts
My guess is the 2.2L diesel in the UK, based on his use of the word "motorway".

·
Registered
5,028 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Speed was mixed. At least 150 miles at 75 mph. I get 45 all the time anyway. But remember fuel is £1.25 a litre here. Much cheaper for you guys in the USA

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
I get 17.1 at factory spec and only a cat-back exhaust. Can anyone beat that?

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I get 17.1 at factory spec and only a cat-back exhaust. Can anyone beat that?
23.5 mpg...same car w/JB4 on map 6, otherwise stock.

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
21-23 MPG average. In the flat at 70 I get 24+, 93 octane EcuTec map. Remember I live at 669 feet and one mile away at the Post Office it's 300 feet. The hills around here hurt my average.

I have yet to take it on a long flat trip over 300 miles in the flats with my tune and mods.
I'm still doing log files to dial in my map with Seb. That kinda hurts your MPG too. Lol.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
21-23 MPG average. In the flat at 70 I get 24+, 93 octane EcuTec map. Remember I live at 669 feet and one mile away at the Post Office it's 300 feet. The hills around here hurt my average.

I have yet to take it on a long flat trip over 300 miles in the flats with my tune and mods.
I'm still doing log files to dial in my map with Seb. That kinda hurts your MPG too. Lol.
I get better gas mileage coming back from our townhouse in Sunriver, Oregon to our house on the coast. Drops from 5,000 ft to sea level. Going there...not so good.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
In the hills on the highway I let my car speed up to build inertia, then use it up the other side letting it slow down a lot. I watch behind me so I don't cause trouble. Hypermiling can up my MPG 2-4 MPG easily. Shhhh So does rolling stops (when the coast is clear) too.

Starting 4000 lbs from a dead stop really hurts your MPG.

·
Super Moderator
2,673 Posts
Back when I had a hybrid:

In Red Sport:

Sort of cheating though. Both of those involved lots of driving down hill.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
I've hit 29.X MPG over 200 miles but dropped to 26.5 by the end of the tank. Pre tune with full FI exhaust.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
I think my best MPG, pre tune, with my mods, got better MPG than the 2.0L gas disontinued engine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
49MPG in UK should equal to 41 MPG in US.
I just had a short trip from Melbourne to Canberra this week. About 600km highway tip, I use ACC most of the time. As a result, I got 7.5l/100km, which equates to about 32 MPG.
There are a lot of uphill and downhill on the road, which definitely hurt my mileage.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts