Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Our lifetime average is very slowly making it's way up through the 24's, I think it's 24.6 right now. Took a 300mi trip to upstate NY and back and it was at 24.9 by the end, but back down to 24.6 now. Driving in New England isn't the best for mileage. That said, it pretty regularly hand-calculates over 26 to a tank, and we aren't hypermilers. The wife likes very much that she has twin turbos, and she uses them. I'm thinking about AMS intakes, just so she can hear the whooshing noises better...

·
Registered
363 Posts
The on board gauge is not that accurate. I use fuelly.com for our hybrid and get a moving average of 7.5litres/100km (or approx 32 mpg) measured over a year mainly city driving.

We did a 2000 km trip and got 5.6l/100km or 42 mpg.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Man seeing all these MPG numbers really make me want to try and upgrade to the hybrid version, currently average 21MPG in my G37. XD

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Resist it and wait to be “electrocuted” in 2021
I'm personally hoping they come out with a Hybrid backed VR30, then I can get all the thins I want in one package. ;)
It will be a few years yet before I get a new car regardless, have a garage to pay off before I do anything else.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
I feel this will be my last gas powered hotrod. My next will be all electric. Maybe an AWD 4 motor electric Z ish sports car. In 3-4 years we may have a few good choices.
A 150-200 mile range AWD 9' plow truck would be just right too. Come on Ford!

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
2020 Tesla Roadster. 0-60 in 1.9 sec. 1/4 mile in under 9 sec. 620 mile range at highway speeds. AWD w/torque vectoring...what's not to like?

That's a lot of performance for a $200K car. I just need $50K for the deposit to pre-order it.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
With my last EcuTec map update:
85 miles easy driving with up and down the hills in 45-60 MPH country roads I got an indicated 27.7 MPG! Not bad for a 4000 lb 400 hp car.

I have to drive down to MA today to visit family, mostly freeway then some local driving. I'll see how the average goes and post the results.
Now that the data logging is over I'll get a chance to see how my MPG will be with mostly "normal" driving.

Looks pretty good so far. 😁

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
2020 Tesla Roadster. 0-60 in 1.9 sec. 1/4 mile in under 9 sec. 620 mile range at highway speeds. AWD w/torque vectoring...what's not to like?

That's a lot of performance for a $200K car. I just need $50K for the deposit to pre-order it.
Lucky you. I can handle the $50K. It is the other $150K that I would have a problem with. I guess sell the house and live in the car. I could even have money left over.:(

·
Registered
3,387 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Lucky you. I can handle the $50K. It is the other $150K that I would have a problem with. I guess sell the house and live in the car. I could even have money left over.:(
A tempting proposition isn't it? I was considering that myself for a 911 GT3. Hah

·
Registered
159 Posts
The highest I've gotten is on my trip to Oregon a couple weeks ago driving a little over 1K miles from Sea level to about 1K feet where I averaged 26.5. I probably could have done better if I'd kept my MPH a little lower over large stretches of my trip. My daily life average is 18.5 at best.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
3/4 tank used.. dittled around in the hills of western MA. Got home 25.6 indicated. CC set at 74 MPH on the way home. Not bad. Power was a bit off, but was 87 deg out today.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I have about 5 hours logged in a Mooney M18. A little snug inside but a smooth ride. Stable platform for IFR. 180+ MPH TAS at altitude while getting the equivalent of about 20 MPG. An M20 will go a little faster. Loved that airplane.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
I haven't flown a Mooney but have wanted to. Very slick airplane. Amlost flew my buddies T28 but the weather closed in. He no longer owns it. Missed out on that one. A huge disappointment. In hindsight I should have stayed a couple of extra days at his place and flown it after the weather broke. He owns P34 in PA.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts