Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am coming from a G37S coupe RWD and I am wondering if anyone else has as well and what their impressions are? Does the Q deliver in terms of performance and refinement in comparison to our G37's performance??

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I drive the Q50S all the time and own a 2013 G37S Coupe 6MT. Although the Q50 is more refined, it lacks the sporty feel and drive from the G37S Coupe.
Thanks! I failed to mention my current coupe is a 2012 7AT and I will be getting a Q50S hybrid RWD. When you say "sporty feel" is that overall or is it coming from something more specific like acceleration or handling?

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Thanks! I failed to mention my current coupe is a 2012 7AT and I will be getting a Q50S hybrid RWD. When you say "sporty feel" is that overall or is it coming from something more specific like acceleration or handling?
Mainly the handling but the shift lag is still there also.

The factory run flats are horrible and the car to me had a very soft feel to it.

Overall, it's a great car but for spirited driving I still feel the G has much better overall response.

I say take one out for a drive and compare back to back.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mainly the handling but the shift lag is still there also.

The factory run flats are horrible and the car to me had a very soft feel to it.

Overall, it's a great car but for spirited driving I still feel the G has much better overall response.

I say take one out for a drive and compare back to back.
I tried but my small dealership only had a non-sport and traffic around there is terrible so I was not able to push it at all! I love the way my coupe drives but I'm surprised you feel the Q50 was soft, I thought most people thought it was too stiff which I am ok with because I am use to my G37S coupe. I think I am going to have to switch out the RFTs on day one:mad:

·
Registered
302 Posts
I came from the G37x (2010) non support. I had the G35x sedan prior. I find it hard to compare the Q50S to these in performance, fit or finish. They have exceeded prior generations with the delivery of this car. The tech is a bit disappointing as some of it still doesn't work as intended and some of it has yet to be delivered.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.