Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, but it didn't seem like a recall notice. Although the issue definitely warranted a recall. Perhaps Infiniti just has a good marketing department.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Received the notice and booked an appointment for the software upgrade. I hesitated though…. So far I haven't had any issues since I got the Q in September.

·
Registered
9 Posts
10 hr udate

[I got mine last week and then had the update done this past thursday. It took 10 hours for the "tech" to complete the entire operation. My Q50 Hybrid when done drives just like it did before, but there seem to be several more icons available .. Still trying to ascertain whether they are meaningful. 10 hours to do the update is just ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Received the notice and booked an appointment for the software upgrade. I hesitated though…. So far I haven't had any issues since I got the Q in September.
Its good to get the update as intouch loads faster responds faster, rest I could not tell the difference,
[I got mine last week and then had the update done this past thursday. It took 10 hours for the "tech" to complete the entire operation. My Q50 Hybrid when done drives just like it did before, but there seem to be several more icons available .. Still trying to ascertain whether they are meaningful. 10 hours to do the update is just ridiculous.
10hrs woo:confused:-- only few hrs was needed for me

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'd leave it alone if you're happy with it and wait for the real upgrade. Not many changes,(IMO). After my upgrade the SMX just stopped getting data about gas prices, weather and so.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'd leave it alone if you're happy with it and wait for the real upgrade. Not many changes,(IMO). After my upgrade the SMX just stopped getting data about gas prices, weather and so.
I believe that was intentionally to get people to use the Sirius XM subscription. SiriusXM Travel Link Services - SiriusXM Radio

I've been getting letters from Sirius not stop asking me to renew my subscription on the Q. I've had them for at least 6 years... Not surprised if this is the case.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I believe that was intentionally to get people to use the Sirius XM subscription. SiriusXM Travel Link Services - SiriusXM Radio

I've been getting letters from Sirius not stop asking me to renew my subscription on the Q. I've had them for at least 6 years... Not surprised if this is the case.
Why would that be the case?
Does infiniti have a stake in SiriusXM or some other reason to try and force people to subscribe to it?

·
Registered
79 Posts
What software version are you running now after the update?

I'm on 2.3.7.0646

·
Registered
34 Posts
Got a letter in the mail as well re the steering etc, saying a software update was needed, hence now i received the car back i am running 2.3.7.064.... weird part is to my understanding was that this version was released in the US in November 2013.... is Canada getting it now?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.