Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a sucker for driving w/ the moon roof open ... and I actually like the sort of sporty look the deflector has on my G, now. Anyone have pics of it on the car?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Somebody here got the deflector for free and posted pics, but said they ripped them off because it looked goofy. From what I recall, it seemed to sit too tall or something when I saw it. Definitely looked a bit odd.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Hmmm...not sure who it was but i think somebody got one free from the dealer and had it on his Q50 when he got it but removed it cuz it didnt look right!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm "that guy". It looked horrible. It was a bubble on the roof. If they made a flatter one, it would be ok. I can tell you that after 4 Infiniti's all having a sunroof, there is no need for a deflector. It's useless with these cars.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stop copying me, gbert15! :D

nadir,

Here you go. This is the guy gbert15 and I were talking about, I think. The pics aren't too close up, but :

http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/new-2014-infiniti-q50-pictures/8034-my-new-q50s-hybrid.html
Thanks a lot!

Man, you guys are right, that does look really funky on the car ... I did notice that the Q has some sort of rigid deflector thingy that comes up when you open the moon roof - that may suffice.

I've had the deflector on my G and there's definitely a noticeable difference w/ the noise. I live in California and I absolutely love the sun on my face most mornings so I am trying to consider it.

I don't see any point of getting it on the back ... just wanted it for functionality.

@IRadi8 - would you mind seeing if it was OEM? I'm really curious! thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
That thing does not fit the car at all....glad Iradi8 took it off.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I'd be surprised if Weathertech doesn't have one on sale within a few months. They usually make great products (their side window deflectors are great).

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for checking, Iradi8!

Also, great suggestion Sinecure. I will keep an eye on what options come up for the Q50 and report back to this thread.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.