Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had planned to sell my G37x Coupe (2010) until I started reading about all the problems so I canceled the ad after someone called to buy the thing.

I stop by here daily to see whats going on and even read every comment on one thread titled " Great Job Infiniti".

I must be getting old because when I picked up my car it just worked. No problems. No "Great Job" thread for it though.

Now there is this new model that is fraught with issues and it gets a "great Job"?

So that said..........Anybody get their Q50 that has NO problems? Or is it too soon for that?

I really want to get the Q50 but not until it has zero problems with technology and will not require service until the first oil change. Or am I being unrealistic?

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Had planned to sell my G37x Coupe (2010) until I started reading about all the problems so I canceled the ad after someone called to buy the thing.

I stop by here daily to see whats going on and even read every comment on one thread titled " Great Job Infiniti".

I must be getting old because when I picked up my car it just worked. No problems. No "Great Job" thread for it though.

Now there is this new model that is fraught with issues and it gets a "great Job"?

So that said..........Anybody get their Q50 that has NO problems? Or is it too soon for that?

I really want to get the Q50 but not until it has zero problems with technology and will not require service until the first oil change. Or am I being unrealistic?
My only problem is playing a usb stick on random all, which I believe every Q50 has because it's a bug in the software. Otherwise I have had zero problems and I've been driving it since the first day they were released.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
There is no such things as zero problem. The Q50 is loaded with technologies and since it is the first year model, you better expect some issues here and there. As long the issues is minor and doesn't impact safety, I'm ok with it. So far most of the issues report is minor and fixable by Infiniti. It's just a hassle we have to deal with it until it get fix. It's all depend on your level of tolerance. Think of a computer. For example, if your computer freezed often, do you get frustrated and want to toss your computer out the Windows; or you just simply press the power button to shut down the computer and restart again to get it working? If you answer the latter, than you should be ok with the Q50.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have been driving mine for a week with no problems - until today. I had a freeze where the Nav display went to night setting, my iPod froze up and two of the Nav icons keep going on and off. I was on 5S heading to San Diego and the traffic was very heavy as usual. I did nothing, parked the car and shut it down. After I came out of the restaurant and started it up everything was back to normal. Is this the kind of thing others are getting? Has anyone had Infiniti "fix" this type of problem?

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
I've had the current (2013 and prior) nav on 3 Infiniti vehicles. I feel the system is rock solid and have never had a problem. . . Except I have. As good as the system is, I have had a few occasions where my phone has disconnected from BT and I've also had a few times when I've had to turn off my car and restart to allow the system to 'reboot'. It really never struck me as a big deal until I really started thinking about it recently due to all of the Q50 in touch reports.

While I know everyone expects the Q to be perfect, it won't be right away and probably will never be. I don't excuse any of the manufacturers for not doing better testing and implementation but it is the nature of the beast.

I think that early adopters need to be ok living with some of the known issues. If you can wait, maybe see how the fall update goes and watch the forum for reports. If you want perfection, you'll be waiting a looooong time and likely wont end up buying any car. . .ever :)

Just a bit of perspective from someone waiting for their Q50 and looking forward to getting it ASAP - bugs and all!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Anybody get their Q50 that has NO problems?
Yep. 3 weeks and zero problems. Love the looks - love the performance. inTouch works fine for us.

Sure, I'd like for all of the inTouch apps to be available, but I have all the apps (and music) I need on my phone (unlike some brands (ahem), I'm able to put a microSD card in my phone and have more music (64gb) than I could listen to in a year loaded up on it).

The last piece that will make the car "perfect" for me is when proclip releases a device holder specifically for the Q50 - in the current configuration, there just isn't anyplace that I like to put the phone.

If you're not familiar with ProClip, they build device "mounts" that are custom designed for thousands of automobiles. They do an outstanding job working on the actual interiors of autos and figuring out where a mount can be placed (and providing tools and instructions on how to mount it). They have a two part system and sell the "device" mounts separately. They are very responsive to the market for developing new mounts for both autos and new devices (Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts - ProClip USA).

Reactions: StevetheTech

·
Registered
47 Posts
Q50S Awd fully loaded.
We picked up ours (or should I say my wife's) upon release and the dealer was confident they had the latest software loaded. We just drove Chicago to Nashville and over to Lexington and back - no problems. Now we are not using all the audio plug in components we typically find SiriusXm has enough for us.

My wife would not let me drive until we were over 1200 miles on the break in - pretty funny as I have never seen her do that before. Sitting in the passenger seat was very relaxing.

We had a good time having the car drive itself down I65 having cruise control adjust for the car in front etc. very cool

We had been taking the M37 on these trips ..... It was traded in for the Q and we are glad we did. Find the space to be almost as much as M and the comfort to be better with the sport package.

Then Traded in the G35x for the last 2013 G37xS so I do not try to take my wife's Q!!! I sure enjoy the little upgrades from the 08 to the 13 and the S model. For the price I think it ended up being the best choice vs spending the extra 15k on the Q

I also suspect the major software update planned in Sept will fix many of the issues discussed here
We still have a lot to learn on the Q technology. Really want to learn the voice controls. Gotta say the text messages that the car rads to us is very nice

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Once I post this my car will probably explode but the only problem I have had is the known issue with the SXM station lockout coming back every time the car is started. Beyond that, it has been solid. I have only had the car 3 days though. It will get a workout this weekend.

Reactions: SnowItch

·
Registered
436 Posts
Going on 2 weeks now and nearly 1000kms, I have had only a few minor issues with inTouch "glitching." Nothing that would warrant me to regret purchasing the car. For the most part, its like getting something new, learning how it works and in doing so maximizing your experience with the vehicle. As with everyone else, I'm rather anxious for the updates coming in September as it will allow us to experience the full range of technology in this car.

Short story, buy one and dont look back. You wont regret it.

·
Registered
96 Posts

I've had my Q50 Hybrid (not the sport model) for about two weeks now. Only problem has been the Infiniti InTouch lock-up which has been well documented here. The occasional lock-up (happened twice) has not been an issue for me other than having to reset the system using the sound knob. Both times I was able to re-set it while continuing to drive. Other systems in the vehicle have been fine. In about 30 days there is supposed to be a software update that I hope fixes the lock-up issue and also turns on more features for InTouch such as app integration with programs like "Google Search". My dealer said there will be 17 apps that can be loaded after this upgrade. Therefore you might want to wait the 30 days or so until that upgrade is installed and check back here to see if it corrects the lock-up issue.

Other than the InTouch I am really enjoying this car. My hybrid is getting around 30MPG in mostly city driving, is fun to drive, luxurious, good looking (in my opinion) and has been dependable in all other respects.

One other note:
The other day I got into a situation where the car in front of me panic stopped very short. I was going slowly and probably could have avoided an accident myself but before I could respond the car's accident avoidance software kicked in and in short order the seat belts pretensioned, the gas pedal kicked back and the brakes engaged bringing the car to a quick and safe stop. No accident - no damage. Very impressive!

Orrin
Q50 Hybrid Premium
Nav and Tech Package
Graphite Shadow, Graphite Interior

·
Registered
15 Posts
Q50S - No Problem so far

There is no such things as zero problem. The Q50 is loaded with technologies and since it is the first year model, you better expect some issues here and there. As long the issues is minor and doesn't impact safety, I'm ok with it. So far most of the issues report is minor and fixable by Infiniti. It's just a hassle we have to deal with it until it get fix. It's all depend on your level of tolerance. Think of a computer. For example, if your computer freezed often, do you get frustrated and want to toss your computer out the Windows; or you just simply press the power button to shut down the computer and restart again to get it working? If you answer the latter, than you should be ok with the Q50.
Agreed 100%.
If some one wants a car with zero problem, he or she should not buy a car !

·
Registered
146 Posts
purchased 8/8, 1,200 miles to date, no technology issues. however, the technology issues are real, so chances are if you purchase today you'll experience lock-up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had no issues with my car since delivery. Whew. Guess I've been lucky, or got a good one. Hope the latter.

·
Registered
39 Posts
zero problem but only 2weeks in & just now on 2nd tank of gas.
zero problems on a vehicle with as much "stuff" on it as the Q is asking a lot, the real question is how many problems compared to other vehicles with the same amount of "stuff".

·
Registered
309 Posts
What an overwhelmingly positive thread.I love it. :)

I was still under the assumption that people who are happy with their cars rarely take to the internet to talk about them. I am thrilled to see that has changed for the most part.

Reactions: CarolinaQ50
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.