Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I'm in Calgary looking to meet some locals to, I hardly ever see any Q's at meets around town
Oh that's a bit unfortunate given how many Q50's run around Calgary, but hey the 2016 models will starting to come off lease in mass soon so
maybe after that more will start showing up.

I need to start checking out some of the local car meets.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I'm in Calgary looking to meet some locals to, I hardly ever see any Q's at meets around town
Oh that's a bit unfortunate given how many Q50's run around Calgary, but hey the 2016 models will starting to come off lease in mass soon so

So buddy, at least some if you would like to meet, here I have at least seven or eight in my neighborhood, and no one gives a hoot, oh well such is life.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Hah if I'm in Toronto later next year for sure, otherwise that is a bit of a commute for me to make to visit. lol

·
Registered
420 Posts

The IllMotion Sunday School shows are pretty good.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Hmmm I may have to save the date for that one.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Driven Calgary this year was a bust but thats a given, since it was still cold weather and snowing. Not many people entered the show due to weather

·
Registered
93 Posts
I only ever hear about Barlow meets and Mexico lol although now that the weather is getting better I'm down to host something. I have a few buddys who drive G's and my one friend who drives a Q60 RS. If you know some people Omar we should plan a bbq or something!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Driven Calgary this year was a bust but thats a given, since it was still cold weather and snowing. Not many people entered the show due to weather
Sad I didn't get to go AGAIN this year....

My friend had the LAX Customs booth at Driven. He had his wrapped Q60 there and even won best in class for his bike.

I'm thinking about hitting up Edmonton later in June.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Guess I'll throw my hat in to the ring.

2016 Q50RS, hanging out in the Sage/Nolan Hill area.

And before anyone asks, no. No, I have not had my own personal run in with the infamous Sage Hill Rock.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Guess I'll throw my hat in to the ring.

2016 Q50RS, hanging out in the Sage/Nolan Hill area.

And before anyone asks, no. No, I have not had my own personal run in with the infamous Sage Hill Rock.
Hah I totally forgot about that, my roommate used to live up in Noise-Hill and sent me a few pictures of the "run in" people
have had in Sage/Nolan area when he was doing some errands in the area.

I'm in Mckenzie Towne so most I see are cars that somehow end up stuck atop of the Concrete divide on Deerfoot. lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
Guys we should do a meet sometime lol. just sayin.

Its supposed to be double digits next week. But Calgary in May is pretty much every season soo hahaha

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I'm down for that once we start getting some nicer weather.

·
Registered
420 Posts
You guys swap your winters off yet? LOL mines still on winters, I'm thinking middle-end of May to swap

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
End of may for myself as well, we always get a healthy dump of snow during may-long!

Although I drove all summer long on my winters last year (Was tight on cash) and they held up surprisingly well.
Even after a road trip to BC and it hit 39C when I was out there. Hah

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
End of may for myself as well, we always get a healthy dump of snow during may-long!

Although I drove all summer long on my winters last year (Was tight on cash) and they held up surprisingly well.
Even after a road trip to BC and it hit 39C when I was out there. Hah
Now I see why you need new tires.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You guys swap your winters off yet? LOL mines still on winters, I'm thinking middle-end of May to swap
Lol dw I'm also still on winters. But hoping to convert sometime this month...potentially even next week.

I've always preferred having two sets of tires anyways rather than just going all season and grind it out for the year. No offence to anyone running all seasons, I just feel more confident driving in the winter on winter tires.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Now I see why you need new tires.
There is actually plenty of tred left on them despite the fact they were so badly abused, and they actually handled the summer weather exceptionally well even
when I was bomb through canyons on BC trip!

They are simply inadequate Winter tires for the Calgary area, we get too much slush, deep snow and black ice.
If I was in Toronto/Vancouver I'd be perfectly happy with them, but you guys have tamer winters and actually
salt your roads before a storm. ><

I actually learned a valuable lesson because of this, US review sites are practically useless when it comes to
judging a winter tire for Alberta Winters. lol

TireRack (US) rates it the #1 Winter tire over-all and comparable to other winter tires, go to 1010Tires (CAN) and you'll see them rated at 24th overall and then around 45th place
if your looking at how it performs in Snowy conditions.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Lol dw I'm also still on winters. But hoping to convert sometime this month...potentially even next week.

I've always preferred having two sets of tires anyways rather than just going all season and grind it out for the year. No offence to anyone running all seasons, I just feel more confident driving in the winter on winter tires.
Ditto always 2 sets of tires in my family.

All-seasons in the summer and Winter tires for the winter.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts