Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has tried installing remote start on their Q50 yet, or at least asked if any places would be able to do it yet?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Not yet... Was really hoping Infiniti would have something in the near term. I've sent messages and provided feedback to Infiniti regarding the temper start - have yet to hear a response. I'd rather give it a little more time before I go with an aftermarket option. Interested to hear what others have done

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Remote start won't be easy as there are too many electronics but can be once the detailed electrical connections (ESM) are available. I installed a remote start in G35, it was not easy but it was fun installing it. I would wait for one year. I understand Infiniti has an OEM remort start available in Japan.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Remote start won't be easy as there are too many electronics but can be once the detailed electrical connections (ESM) are available. I installed a remote start in G35, it was not easy but it was fun installing it. I would wait for one year. I understand Infiniti has an OEM remort start available in Japan.
Infiniti has remote starts available in the states too.. not for the Q50.. if anyone gets one, I would have the dealer do it so you avoid any issues though..

·
Registered
47 Posts
I paid for it for my wife's Q50 then the dealer figured out they did not know how to do it , no part I guess but soon
I just asked again Saturday and they are checking on status
Maybe I will just have them do my new G37xS

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agreed! I've seen a few threads of people having remote start installed, but there aren't many details out there.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I have remote start on my Q. It uses the viper smart start module so I can start it from my phone or using the original keyfob (by pressing the lock button a couple of times).

I had no luck getting the model number for the unit they used to integrate the viper module with the Q's interface. I opened up the dash but couldn't find where they placed the unit. One day I'll take a look at it again to see if I can find it.

It's definitely possible though and I really abuse it, I remote start every morning and afternoon just so that the inTouch is loaded and ready to go before I get in, even if its 30 seconds before I make it to the car.

See my videos below:
http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/441313-post33.html

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I have remote start on my Q. It uses the viper smart start module so I can start it from my phone or using the original keyfob (by pressing the lock button a couple of times).

I had no luck getting the model number for the unit they used to integrate the viper module with the Q's interface. I opened up the dash but couldn't find where they placed the unit. One day I'll take a look at it again to see if I can find it.

It's definitely possible though and I really abuse it, I remote start every morning and afternoon just so that the inTouch is loaded and ready to go before I get in, even if its 30 seconds before I make it to the car.

See my videos below:
2014 Infiniti Q50 Forum - View Single Post - Viper remote start
Very sweet stuff bro.....I definitely love the phone app, wireless technology at its finest.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've asked dealler to install remote dtart and i've paid for it. But they tell me that they can't do it and will send me instructions how i can install it. As i bought car in US and ship it to Russia:D
So if you tell me whom ican ask this question i think i will be able to post some kind of DIY

·
Registered
88 Posts
I installed a vipor smart start. Works anywhere there is a cell phone signal. Had it on last 3 infiniti's. Works great.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

See my videos below:
2014 Infiniti Q50 Forum - View Single Post - Viper remote start
I need it! I guess the hardest part is finding a place that is willing to install it. From what I understand, it's been difficult to find a dealer that's willing to install it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I installed a vipor smart start. Works anywhere there is a cell phone signal. Had it on last 3 infiniti's. Works great.
Did you do the install yourself, or did you get it installed at the dealership or offsite? Details please! :nerd:

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I need it! I guess the hardest part is finding a place that is willing to install it. From what I understand, it's been difficult to find a dealer that's willing to install it.
Yeah I was lucky enough that my dealership knew someone who could of it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Did you do the install yourself, or did you get it installed at the dealership or offsite? Details please! :nerd:
Had it done at an aftermarket place by my home on Long Island. It was a no brainier. Again works great. No issues.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cool, would you mind sharing how much the install and equipment cost? Was it an alarm shop or a dealer that did the work? On a side note, if it had to honk the horn 3 times at 7am to get the car started my neighbors would hate me. Are there alternatives to that?

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
On a side note, if it had to honk the horn 3 times at 7am to get the car started my neighbors would hate me. Are there alternatives to that?
Go into vehicle settings and change the "Answer Back" horn from Convenience to Security and the horn won't sound when you press the lock button. I doubt the installation of a remote start will change that setting.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Cool, would you mind sharing how much the install and equipment cost? Was it an alarm shop or a dealer that did the work? On a side note, if it had to honk the horn 3 times at 7am to get the car started my neighbors would hate me. Are there alternatives to that?
I got the unit for 450 installed. Great price. They are an aftermarket place. Alarms / auto starts / window tint. Etc. you can shut the horn honk option off in settings. I did. You will than get the lights flashing 3 times to confirm your doors are locked and alarm is set. If you go to Vipers web site they have recommended installers.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.