Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1284 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a light next to an STI (Subaru). The roads were wet, so I didn't go for it. My RS 400 is RWD, so I would have just spun, but I'm very curious how I would have done. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
From a roll on a nice day you'd smoke him all day long, the STI isn't a particularly quick car unless he is dump the clutch in a launch but that would
mean some serious clutch abuse which most people don't do.

The RS400 has far more real-world power, that said if you had both cars on a track the STI would likely smoke you.

·
Registered
664 Posts
The STi will bang on the twisty or AutoX all day, but if you're talking about a straight line or mild corners... the RS400 will outright stomp a STi even with bolt-ons/tune.

With launch control or a driver who can get out of the hole correctly, in the 1/4 mile:
Stock STi = mid to high 13s
Stage 1 Cobb AP OTS tune = low to mid 13s
Stage 1 Protune = high 12s
Stage 2 Cobb AP OTS with DP/Intake = high 12s
Stage 2 Protune with DP/Intake = low to mid 12s

From this forum's numbers from posts:
Q50RS400 AWD stock = mid to high 12s
Q50RS400 AWD BMS JB1 (3psi) = mid 12s
Q50RS400 AWD BMS JB4 (>=4psi) = low 12s

·
Registered
318 Posts
I walked one on the HYW a month ago he came up next me after and was looking at my front fender.. I think he was expecting to see a 3.0T and not a 3.7 :). Week later walked a EVO10, and two weeks ago had modded EVO10 form a dig by a fender on a quick bust to 80.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Not exactly a race, but a V8 R8 tried to pull away from me on the freeway. I stayed right with him from 70-120mph before I let off. Couldn't wipe the smile off my face that day haha
I took a V8 S7 from a roll at 35mph and he had the jump on me... he let off pretty soon when he realized I wasn't a regular old Q50 lol. Tbh I expected a V8 Twin turbo to be faster, but its detuned like crazy - rated at 420HP/405 lb-ft on a 4500 lbs car lol, my RWD RS400 is 600lbs lighter so I guess that helped.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I was at a light next to an STI (Subaru). The roads were wet, so I didn't go for it. My RS 400 is RWD, so I would have just spun, but I'm very curious how I would have done. Thanks.
It wasn’t a STI but when I was stock I ran a manual Camero SS from a dig up to 80 mph and he only led by a front bumper once we hit 60-80 mph. I ran a C7 recently since my mods after he jumped me from the light and I started to pull on him before I hit traffic. Cars a beast even stock.

·
Registered
675 Posts
It wasn’t a STI but when I was stock I ran a manual Camero SS from a dig up to 80 mph and he only led by a front bumper once we hit 60-80 mph. I ran a C7 recently since my mods after he jumped me from the light and I started to pull on him before I hit traffic. Cars a beast even stock.
Was it the new gen Camaro SS or the old? I think the new ones give us a run for our money - 455/455 balanced figures. They also handle superbly well from my experience driving them. The older ones definitely get smoked by the RS400.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Was it the new gen Camaro SS or the old? I think the new ones give us a run for our money - 455/455 balanced figures. They also handle superbly well from my experience driving them. The older ones definitely get smoked by the RS400.
HA! My friend has the 2015 SS and I beat him every time we race he's now about to get rid of it for a Z28. He's never even heard of a Red Sport. He's strictly American Muscle but he's impressed, I now want to get a Tune for when he gets his Z28 and shock him again lol.

·
Registered
675 Posts
HA! My friend has the 2015 SS and I beat him every time we race he's now about to get rid of it for a Z28. He's never even heard of a Red Sport. He's strictly American Muscle but he's impressed, I now want to get a Tune for when he gets his Z28 and shock him again lol.
Haha they're fun cars tho! Tell him not to waste his money on a Z28 - get the new 2018 SS with the 1LE Track pack... has some really meaty tires. That thing hugs the road better than a Porsche (legit, it get's better skidpad and track times lol). I think it was Car and Driver car of the year.

·
Registered
648 Posts
A new SS will run low 12's. Put a set of track tires on one and they will dip into the 11's.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Haha they're fun cars tho! Tell him not to waste his money on a Z28 - get the new 2018 SS with the 1LE Track pack... has some really meaty tires. That thing hugs the road better than a Porsche (legit, it get's better skidpad and track times lol). I think it was Car and Driver car of the year.
Yeah the New SS is a beast. I love how they look, I just can't see shi* out of them. It's borderline unsafe feeling to me.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
It was a new one and we ran from a dig. I was like a bumper ahead until we hit third and then he was a bumper ahead and then we hit like 80 mph and I backed off. Not trying to get arrested but the car stuck with him stock The Whole time and that was with the crap run flats.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yeah the new Camaro is nothing to be taken lightly. I guess Chevy finally had enough of the Mustang setting the bar (and then Ford answered back immediately and smacked Chevy in the mouth).

I've had a few interesting runs since owning the RS. Ran against two newer STI's at the same time a few months back (RS killed them, no contest). Kia Stinger a week and a half ago (Stinger kept up through 2nd gear, I pulled going into 3rd and never looked back). Chevy SS before I got the JB4 (merging onto the highway, SS got the jump but we stayed pretty even, slight edge to the SS as he pulled ahead on the jump, I couldn't gain on him but he didn't pull any further either). Then for giggles and sh*ts had some fun with a GTR on the highway at like 1 am coming back from LAX (I think we all know how that one ended). I haven't had the chance to run against a new Camaro or Mustang yet. Still waiting to take on an S3/S4/M3/M4 as well. I'd really like to line up against a Focus RS too.

My friend just bought a 360* camera that he uses whenever we ride our motorcycles into the canyons/mountains. I've thought about getting one and mounting it somewhere inside my RS for those times when I decide to play a little. We should start a "kill" thread on the forum. Designated place to post videos and share stories.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I tried to race black Dodge that turned to be Challenger SRT® Demon Police car...

1 - 20 of 1284 Posts