Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I've removed my mufflers, no need to remove resonators as it's loud enough already.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bear with me cuz I am a newbie, I just got my q50 literally yesterday. quick question, where did you get your straight pipe, hows it sound? you have any video lol

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
second person to ask me about my straight pipe today :D

you can get your car straight piped at any reputable muffler shop, for me im located in Vancouver BC, i had it done at quiet brake and muffler, the guys there did a great job doing exactly what i asked.

As for the exhuast sound itself, when the engines cold it drones a bit at around 2500-3000 rpm, but when its all warmed up, it sounds great and the droning is reduced, quiet when you want to drive normally, and loud when you get on the gas. I find when i have it wide open, its loudest at about 1500-3500 RPM, after that it kind of quiets down a bit, but still has the tone i was looking for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for sharing that. That sounds real nice man, it is totally what I am looking for. So to get sound, all you need is a straight pipe and delete the muffler rite?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
A straight pipe is basically a muffler delete, to be very specific i took it to the muffler shop, unbolted my muffler before i went in, and told them to weld me a flange with piping and tips, that bolts onto my existing flange. So if i wanted to i could go back to my stock system in my garage in 10 minutes.

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
I like the sound but i'm not sure I like how....tinny? it sounds. It would be nice if that part of the note was reduced... I'm wondering how it would sound with just some new less restrictive mufflers..

O

·
Registered
853 Posts
I like the sound but i'm not sure I like how....tinny? it sounds. It would be nice if that part of the note was reduced... I'm wondering how it would sound with just some new less restrictive mufflers..

O

That's why I went with the STILLEN axel back. Bolts right on, but nowhere near as loud as with the straight pipes.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I did... and my check engine light is on now... so took it off first until I'm done with recall, then will figure out how to get rid of the annoyed check engine light..

·
Registered
94 Posts
Did anyone here actually do only a Resonator delete? If so how much louder does it sound and is there a lot of cabin noise?
My exhaust shop told me this. Something like "The way that the twin turbos are set up, they just chop up the air so well, that once the turbos engage past X RPM, the car will get much quieter than naturally aspirated cars." So he basically told me that even a person who did their Q50 3.0T with a Magnapack style race muffler, the car still stayed pretty quiet. I don't know if it is true or not, but that's what the guy told me. I also wanted more cabin noise and exhaust not, but hard acceleration on my custom catback exhaust with Borla mufflers sounds almost like stock. Low RPMs like 0-2500 I hear it nicely, but after that, nothing, just sounds like stock exhaust.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Did anyone here actually do only a Resonator delete? If so how much louder does it sound and is there a lot of cabin noise?
My exhaust shop told me this. Something like "The way that the twin turbos are set up, they just chop up the air so well, that once the turbos engage past X RPM, the car will get much quieter than naturally aspirated cars." So he basically told me that even a person who did their Q50 3.0T with a Magnapack style race muffler, the car still stayed pretty quiet. I don't know if it is true or not, but that's what the guy told me. I also wanted more cabin noise and exhaust not, but hard acceleration on my custom catback exhaust with Borla mufflers sounds almost like stock. Low RPMs like 0-2500 I hear it nicely, but after that, nothing, just sounds like stock exhaust.
I was thinking of the 3.0t because its much faster than the 3.7L. But i guess sound does lack. As of now i own the 3.7L. Would u happen to know anything about the resonator for this? Though i believe the g37 and g35 with resonator delete sounds horrible and raspy. Not sure if it would be the same for q50

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.