Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the update was delayed last time, someone here (forgot who) suggested posting something on Infiniti's facebook page, so I did. Got a voicemail today from Infiniti Corporate from someone who apologized for the delays.

·
Registered
30 Posts
A friend of mine owns an Infiniti dealership. The delays have cost him a bunch of money and he's had a lot of angry customers to deal with.

He had a meeting last week with the District Manager responsible for his area and expressed his frustrations.

The DM mentioned Infiniti has received a lot of complaints from customers and is looking at putting some kind of "we're sorry for any inconvenience caused" gift together for those affected by the update delays.

The gift is just an idea at this point and I can't confirm it will happen or what it will be.

It's entirely possible there will be no gift, no formal acknowledgement of the delay, and/or no apology.

·
Registered
298 Posts
When the update was delayed last time, someone here (forgot who) suggested posting something on Infiniti's facebook page, so I did. Got a voicemail today from Infiniti Corporate from someone who apologized for the delays.
Perhaps you only one who got one

·
Registered
121 Posts
A friend of mine owns an Infiniti dealership. The delays have cost him a bunch of money and he's had a lot of angry customers to deal with.
Sorry for what might be a stupid question, but; How has this actually cost the dealership any money? My assumption is that anybody who was willing to buy the car last week, still wants to buy one.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Sorry for what might be a stupid question, but; How has this actually cost the dealership any money? My assumption is that anybody who was willing to buy the car last week, still wants to buy one.
Dealer inventory taxes for all those cars sitting on lots, not being sold.
Then there are defections - almost had couple on this forum for just a two-day delay.
There is also the almost full month of lost sales as the cars were initially supposed to go on sale early to mid July.

Yeah, dealers are rightfully pissed.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Yep, they had to sit out the whole month of July, starting a new quarter without the Q50. Julys numbers look bad. August may make up for it though. Meanwhile Lexus launched the 2014 IS350 on time and sales have been good from what I've read.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Caddy gave $100 gift cards and a full tank of gas to everyone that had to be without their car for 2 days to get their 'big' CUE update in February.

At least Infiniti is acknowledging the issue - and monitoring Facebook!

Reactions: Infiniti Chick

·
Registered
30 Posts
The first load of Q50s arrived July 2nd. It's cost him several thousand dollars in interest charges.

One of his customers didn't want to have to wait for the update, backed out of the deal, and bought something from the competition. Now that car will sit on the lot even longer.

Also, he ran out of room. His staff had to juggle things around and move some of the cars to his Nissan dealership which is a 45 minute trip one way. At some point he'll have to get them driven back to his Infinti lot. Lots of $ spent on wages for nothing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was sitting in the dealer today getting my remote start and tinted windows ordered to be put on today and car locked up off the floor Will be delivered to my house on Friday
I saw a little plaque that said new car buyers get lifetime free oil changes on their new purchases. Using the synthetic oil in the Q50 it will be worth some money

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I was sitting in the dealer today getting my remote start and tinted windows ordered to be put on today and car locked up off the floor Will be delivered to my house on Friday
I saw a little plaque that said new car buyers get lifetime free oil changes on their new purchases. Using the synthetic oil in the Q50 it will be worth some money
That is a good deal. Here's my napkin math: 2 changes per year of synthetic at 12k mile lease x 3 years = $600. Not too shabby.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I posted this in another thread but wanted to share that they gave me an Infiniti branded gym bag, a hat, keychain, pen, coffee mug and windbreaker type jacket. They told me they were giving it to all of the customers that originally did their deals back at the end of June when they still thought we could pick our cars up on July 3rd.

Bonus for me was that I have been in their loaner car since June 30th and didn't have to make a car payment for a month. That, and the addition of the $1,000 lease loyalty has made this waiting much easier to deal with.

Can't wait to spend some time with the car this weekend figuring everything out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.