Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Apple and Kia are supposedly partnering up to build the autonomous electric Apple Car according to reports. Apple says they will invest $3.6 billion to build the car at the Kia manufacturing facility in Georgia. Launch is anticipated to be in 2024. Apple and Kia are targeting an eventual production of 100K Apple Cars a year.

Not to sure what to think of that.

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,729 Posts

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
So Apple and Kia are supposedly partnering up to build the autonomous electric Apple Car according to reports. Apple says they will invest $3.6 billion to build the car at the Kia manufacturing facility in Georgia. Launch is anticipated to be in 2024. Apple and Kia are targeting an eventual production of 100K Apple Cars a year.

Not to sure what to think of that.
Why not? Competition is good.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
As long as my Apple stock goes up I'm fine with it.

Reactions: Batell

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As long as my Apple stock goes up I'm fine with it.
Agreed, but Kia? I read that Apple approached Nissan about this and they weren't interested.

·
Registered
169 Posts
How many cameras will be on the back?

Reactions: jodedor

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Agreed, but Kia? I read that Apple approached Nissan about this and they weren't interested.
That's correct. Nissan declined.

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q50 RS400 AWD
123 Posts
To each his own. It has been working fine for me for decades.
I haven't had issues with Apple computers over the years. Been disappointed with the effective lifespan of iPhones, however. Better alternatives at lower costs, but that's just my experience

·
Registered
352 Posts
Reactions: jodedor

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I haven't had issues with Apple computers over the years. Been disappointed with the effective lifespan of iPhones, however. Better alternatives at lower costs, but that's just my experience
My family has had over a dozen iPhones and never had a problem with any of them. They are spendy though.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Eh most mainstream phone brands are pretty solid these days as its a super competitive market Apple is practically the Lexus of the phone world.
They have their own eco-system and are slow to adopt new technology and changes but are pretty reliable and demand a premium.

Apple is in the dog house with me though because an Iphone 6** caught fire on me 2 months ago, but thats a issue with pretty much any phone. XD

·
Registered
169 Posts
You really need to use cedar planks for cooking salmon, not your phone.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Eh most mainstream phone brands are pretty solid these days as its a super competitive market Apple is practically the Lexus of the phone world.
They have their own eco-system and are slow to adopt new technology and changes but are pretty reliable and demand a premium.

Apple is in the dog house with me though because an Iphone 7 caught fire on me 2 months ago, but thats a issue with pretty much any phone. XD
Not as big of an issue as Samsung recalling millions of their phones a few years ago because of their phones catching on fire. No phone is exempt as long as they use lithium ion batteries that have electrolyte that is contaminated with tiny metal particles during the manufacturing process. That's what causes lithium ion batteries to short and burn up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nissan indicated they did not want to be Foxconn. Plus Nissan needs to turn their business around before diving into being a third party manufacturer. Biggest obstacle is that Apple is not looking into a true partnership.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Not as big of an issue as Samsung recalling millions of their phones a few years ago because of their phones catching on fire. No phone is exempt as long as they use lithium ion batteries that have electrolyte that is contaminated with tiny metal particles during the manufacturing process. That's what causes lithium ion batteries to short and burn up.
Oh not even close to the number of issues Samsung has had, but I've never had a samsung catch fire on me either so I'm a touch bias. lol

Reactions: Q602B and Ddnspider

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
My family has had over a dozen iPhones and never had a problem with any of them. They are spendy though.
Ya get what you pay for.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Add to that three iPad Pro's and an Apple Watch. No problems with those either.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts