Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
5,202 Posts
I don't think I have ever owned a Macintosh/Apple product in my life.

Reactions: jodedor

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Reactions: twin_snails

·
Registered
2018 Luxe AWD, Stock + JB4
152 Posts
I hope autonomous driving will be delayed as long as possible. Once it is a full reality will only be a matter of time before humans lose the experience of driving themselves in the name of safety. Will be sad to know that future generations will never experience the satisfaction of controlling their own vehicle on the open road! As long as no one gets hurt, I secretly cheer whenever I hear about one of these contraptions going haywire and crashing!

·
Super Moderator
5,202 Posts
My condolences.
I still have a bad taste in my mouth from early computers. My PC mouse had 2 buttons. My friend's Apple only had one.

·
Registered
263 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,202 Posts
Reactions: Abstract rude

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Dell? Seriously? Their computers are cheaply-built pieces of crap.
Lately they've gotten cheap but for a long time they were far and away the best out of the box machines you could buy in terms of warranty, driver
support and build quality.

I have 4 different generations of Dell desktops sitting beside me actually, the 3 older machines are almost entirely made of steel
I can't say the same about the latest generation of the group.

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Lately they've gotten cheap but for a long time they were far and away the best out of the box machines you could buy in terms of warranty, driver
support and build quality.

I have 4 different generations of Dell desktops sitting beside me actually, the 3 older machines are almost entirely made of steel
I can't say the same about the latest generation of the group.
I had two Dells a long time ago, a Dimension 8100 and Dimension 8300. Swelling caps on both MBs. After those, I started building my own. No more problems. Steel doesn't do anything as far as reliability, it's just cheaper.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
My wife and I are definitely Apple fans. This is the top of her office closet, and this isn't even all of the boxes. Apple products just work unlike most PC's. Nobody would ever be able to get me to switch back.

But Apple/Kia, i'm not so sure i'd jump on that. I do like the Stinger and may have bought one if it wasn't for it being a Kia

IMG_9923.JPG

·
Registered
Had 2017 Red Sport 400, 17 Silver Sport, 14 Hybrid and 14 Base 3.7.
1,694 Posts
Eh most mainstream phone brands are pretty solid these days as its a super competitive market Apple is practically the Lexus of the phone world.
They have their own eco-system and are slow to adopt new technology and changes but are pretty reliable and demand a premium.

Apple is in the dog house with me though because an Iphone 6** caught fire on me 2 months ago, but thats a issue with pretty much any phone. XD
iPhone 6, didn't they cut you off by now.;)

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I had two Dells a long time ago, a Dimension 8100 and Dimension 8300. Swelling caps on both MBs. After those, I started building my own. No more problems. Steel doesn't do anything as far as reliability, it's just cheaper.
I mean I've supported literal thousands of Dell products over the years and I've never once had a bad MB or seen swelling capacitors like I have for other brands. The comment I made in regards to the Dell cases being more plastic than steel in later generations was simply an observation of how cost cutting became the focus rather than overall build quality.

And much like my own experience with Iphones, one or two bad encounters shouldn't sour your entire perception of a brand. Much like Lithium Battery's
poorly controlled voltages or the type of capacitors being used could lead to swelling or premature failure.

My families second computer was actually a Dimension XPS it ran for about 7 years, which is impressive given that 10 year old me took the entire
thing apart at the tender age of 8 when it was only a year old... Oh boy my old man was not please, pretty sure I was in for a beating if it didn't start up
when it was put back together. lol

·
Registered
5,228 Posts

·
Registered
Had 2017 Red Sport 400, 17 Silver Sport, 14 Hybrid and 14 Base 3.7.
1,694 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
My nephew, had an iPhone 6, and Apple was not supporting him, with upgrades.
Ah yeah they cut support for both hardware and software after set periods of time, Apple does that a lot on the software side in particular
to force people to upgrade from older devices.

Not a big deal if you are upgrading your phone every 2 years or so but If you hold onto your phone for
4-5 years it feels like your being black-mailed into upgrading when you have a perfect functional device.

Reactions: mapleDom

·
Super Moderator
5,202 Posts
Ah yeah they cut support for both hardware and software after set periods of time, Apple does that a lot on the software side in particular
to force people to upgrade from older devices.

Not a big deal if you are upgrading your phone every 2 years or so but If you hold onto your phone for
4-5 years it feels like your being black-mailed into upgrading when you have a perfect functional device.
That and overpriced, lower batt life, no SD card expansion, no headphone jack, proprietary power connection, non customizable OS, no split screen, no universal back button, less hardware choices, .................

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
That and overpriced, lower batt life, no SD card expansion, no headphone jack, proprietary power connection, non customizable OS, no split screen, no universal back button, less hardware choices, .................
Aside from the SD card and headphone jack none of that affect 99% of people who use phones... Also you can click on the bottom left of the screen to go back its just not a dedicated button
like in models prior to the 10th gen.

I don't disagree with your assessment but having a fully integrated and designed eco-system that works almost seamlessly with other devices
is pretty dang slick and a huge benefit if you aren't great with technology which is most people.

Reactions: gSwift

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Aside from the SD card and headphone jack none of that affect 99% of people who use phones... Also you can click on the bottom left of the screen to go back its just not a dedicated button

I don't disagree with your assessment but having a fully integrated and designed eco-system that works almost seamlessly with other devices
is pretty dang slick and a huge benefit if you aren't great with technology which is most people.
And I don't exactly need a SD card when we can get the optional 512gb capacity phone. Thats more gb's than i'll ever need for a phone. I could dump my whole iTunes library on there and still have tons of space.

·
Super Moderator
5,202 Posts

.... and, I like a Stylus.......

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Reactions: twin_snails
21 - 40 of 54 Posts