Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Are you happy with Infiniti as a company?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I'd tell him the Japanese work at their own pace, and when you rush them, they screw up. They're artists. You ever try to rush an artist? I'd rather pull out my fingernails with pliers.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Hard to say right now! I wanna know how long they will take to fix our current issues to see how they respond to their customers! I find that customer satisfaction is a huge factor that makes me keep coming back to a specific brand!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
What Gbert said. You can tolerate a girlfriend wrecking your car if she wrecks the bed. ;)
Hahaha! Thanks for that image man! Nicely put!

Reactions: afrosheen

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I got an unusual phone call last night. Someone from Infiniti Customer Service called me to let me know that the free 2-year service agreement hadn't gone through yet, but it should be done by next week. If it isn't, he'll call me again. After that he asked me how I liked the car, and if I had any concerns. Of course, I mentioned the freezes, and I talked about the mess-up trying to get the Apple Gift Card. I also told him about needing to swap out the RFTs with the ones on my G, because the ride was just too rough. He thanked me for my information, and said that the tire information would be put in my file. I told him that I had been with Infiniti for 15 years, with six cars, and this is the first time that I've had trouble with the company. We talked for more than ten minutes. Hopefully, all this will be just an unusual "hiccup" with them, and things will go smoothly after the "very large"(his terminology) update coming this fall. This may just be their attempt at customer appeasement, but I am impressed.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I voted NO because of the way how delays, RFT and InTouch failures handled by Infiniti corp so far. There are 3 things to consider: car itself (very good), dealers (mine was good) and Infiniti as a company. Only last one failed to meet my expectations.
It seems like Infiniti outsource too much stuff to 3rd party companies and that causing errors, delays and in general broke stuff that suppose to work flawlessly.

Reactions: SteinyD

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'd give them an incomplete.

As it stands right now, no. They were on a much better roll in the mid-late 2000's when they unveiled the original G coupe and FX. Their designs and new focus on essentially being the Japanese BMW made them a real exciting brand as a whole. .

Since then the line up has become a little stale. The line up balance swung too far in the SUV direction. The QX60 (JX) while serving a volume need, is the first in Infiniti's line up (excluding the truck based QX80) that bears no resemblance to the sporty character that the rest of the line up exhibited.

Perhaps worst of all is the constant teasing with stunning sport concepts like the Essence and Emerge-e only to find out that they won't go in production.

However I'm very optimistic since De Nysschen took over. He is doing the hard work of separating Infiniti from Nissan and completing the line up to include more aspirational cars including a new high end coupe (finally a halo car) and sedan. The new nomenclature while a shock I think will turn out to be the right move in terms of providing a clear understanding where each vehicle fits in the line up, especially important as Infiniti expands worldwide.

The collaboration with Red Bull racing makes it apparent that Infiniti plans to keep its sporty character alive.

So all in all, it's hard to judge them as of now. Over the next 5-10 years the brand should be in full swing allowing us to judge where the brand is truly intended to be.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I have to say after meeting one of the engineers yesterday that they really are trying hard to fix all the issues and going in depth with duplicating and diagnosing the problems. I have an entire list that I went through with them the same way Aggie and IChick did and I'm impressed at the level of detail they went through and the thoroughness or their work and reporting. Being a software developer I know it takes time to make changes to systems and to test them out properly (and I will admit, I feel like on the first run the inTouch system should have been tested more, and maybe field tested as well to a select few for feedback), but it will take some time for them to get things right.

So I'd have to say I'm happy with them overall, but there are some aspects they need to work on.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'd be hard pressed to vote a NO, so I voted YES. There are still issues with inTouch but I am truly surprised at the attention that Infiniti is giving this issue and are working diligently to get it fixed. Other manufacturers might tell you to go pound sound, or they say nothing is wrong, I've been down that road before. So, what makes me happy is their acknowledgement of the issues and a fix that is coming. That alone tells me that I can trust that they will investigate and take care of any futures issues with the Q and any future vehicles.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
In today's world happy means meeting expectations and some times too much expectations leads to disappointments.
Q50 release, software of InTouch glitches has contributed to current situation.
The real test for Infiniti brand will in a year when all the Qs hit the market.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I voted NO because of the way how delays, RFT and InTouch failures handled by Infiniti corp so far. There are 3 things to consider: car itself (very good), dealers (mine was good) and Infiniti as a company. Only last one failed to meet my expectations.
It seems like Infiniti outsource too much stuff to 3rd party companies and that causing errors, delays and in general broke stuff that suppose to work flawlessly.
I agree with everything you said.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I'd be hard pressed to vote a NO, so I voted YES. There are still issues with inTouch but I am truly surprised at the attention that Infiniti is giving this issue and are working diligently to get it fixed. Other manufacturers might tell you to go pound sound, or they say nothing is wrong, I've been down that road before. So, what makes me happy is their acknowledgement of the issues and a fix that is coming. That alone tells me that I can trust that they will investigate and take care of any futures issues with the Q and any future vehicles.
Go pound sand for Intouch issues? That thing sounds like a class action waiting to happen. They can't afford to play ostrich with it.

The silliness of lawsuits have their place. My GS has 4 locking lugs that twist to keep the front floor mats from shifting. That's the end result of the unintended acceleration/floor mat stuck to pedal lawsuits and it's kinda ugly but functional. Also there's a huge annoying yellow tag with a bunch of writing on it that I keep forgetting to rip off the driver's side floor mat. It probably says "removing this tag removes your ability to sue when you drive into a brick wall" or something. :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
I got an Apple iphone 5 right after they went on sale. It did not get along very well with the Bluetooth in my G37. Infiniti said they were aware of the problem and they were working on it. I didn't have to wait too long before there was an update that fixed the issues. If they do the same for the issues with the Q50 then I would be satisfied with them. My opinion is that they will come through with a big fix. Of course it's easy to be patient when you are not driving the car that is driving you crazy.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I see from another thread on this website that the issue has been identified and they are testing the update. This is exactly the progression I went through with the patch for my Bluetooth. Based on my prior experience with Infiniti, this issue will be resolved in the near future. I suggest when you go for your update that you ask in advance for a loaner while they are fixing your car. It's the least they can do. Then go for a ride to the nearest mall and go shopping or take yourself out for a nice meal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.