Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but didn't find the answer on this. If I overlooked it please educate me on my searching :)

Anyway, I just replaced my battery and now my DAS light is coming on and the steering is in fail-safe mode (very hard to steer) and has an error on the dash. I did find instructions on trying to turn off the car, turn it back on, steer left 90 degrees, right 90 degrees, repeat, and then drive for a bit but that didn't seem to do anything. This may have been for recalibration of a working system and not for recovery from a dead battery and DAS error. I'm hoping that someone could tell me if I'm doing this procedure wrong, if this is the wrong process, or if I just need to take it back to the dealership. The vehicle is a 2014 Q50s Hybrid. Thank you for any advice or directions in advance.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
It's hard to say what the problem is without scanning the car for DTCs. I see you tried Auto Adjusting Mode 1, which is:

Turn the steering wheel to the left/right 90 degrees or more from center position 2 times.
Drive straight ahead at 19 mph or more for more than 5 seconds.
Drive at between 19 mph and 25 mph as much as possible.
Stop the vehicle.

You can try Auto Adjusting Mode 2 to see if that helps:

Drive straight ahead at 37 mph or more for more than 15 seconds.
Stop the vehicle.
Repeat the driving and stopping 5 times.

If these auto adjusting modes don't cure the problem, I'd say you should take the car in and have it scanned with a CONSULT tool to see what is going on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woot. I did Mode 2, no luck, did Mode 1 again, stopped and turned off the car, and after I turned the car back off and on again the DAS went into normal mode. I'm back in business again. Thank you Avedis53 for the reply and assistance.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Woot. I did Mode 2, no luck, did Mode 1 again, stopped and turned off the car, and after I turned the car back off and on again the DAS went into normal mode. I'm back in business again. Thank you Avedis53 for the reply and assistance.
These cars seem to have a mind of their own at times. I'm glad you got your DAS squared away.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Maybe before replacing the 12V battery, connect a trickle charger to the battery terminals and then replace the battery with the trickle charger still in place. That way all the computer settings are retained?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts