Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Assistance with DAS after battery replacement

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Pillboy 
#1 ·
I searched but didn't find the answer on this. If I overlooked it please educate me on my searching :)

Anyway, I just replaced my battery and now my DAS light is coming on and the steering is in fail-safe mode (very hard to steer) and has an error on the dash. I did find instructions on trying to turn off the car, turn it back on, steer left 90 degrees, right 90 degrees, repeat, and then drive for a bit but that didn't seem to do anything. This may have been for recalibration of a working system and not for recovery from a dead battery and DAS error. I'm hoping that someone could tell me if I'm doing this procedure wrong, if this is the wrong process, or if I just need to take it back to the dealership. The vehicle is a 2014 Q50s Hybrid. Thank you for any advice or directions in advance.

#2 ·
It's hard to say what the problem is without scanning the car for DTCs. I see you tried Auto Adjusting Mode 1, which is:

Turn the steering wheel to the left/right 90 degrees or more from center position 2 times.
Drive straight ahead at 19 mph or more for more than 5 seconds.
Drive at between 19 mph and 25 mph as much as possible.
Stop the vehicle.

You can try Auto Adjusting Mode 2 to see if that helps:

Drive straight ahead at 37 mph or more for more than 15 seconds.
Stop the vehicle.
Repeat the driving and stopping 5 times.

If these auto adjusting modes don't cure the problem, I'd say you should take the car in and have it scanned with a CONSULT tool to see what is going on.

Reactions: Sotorn
#4 ·
These cars seem to have a mind of their own at times. I'm glad you got your DAS squared away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.